Audix 4B02 compressor/limiter/gate - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audix 4B02 compressor/limiter/gate
Old 30th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Audix 4B02 compressor/limiter/gate

Hi Guys,

Who knows about this one. A Audix 4B02 compressor/limiter/gate which probably came from a Audix B100 console. I've just bought two of these modules which I like to get going again. They're all discreet with LDR's I think and a Marinair 1448 trany on the input I think. But does anybody know anything about them. If somebody has some schematics or pinouts it would safe me a lot of time otherwise I have to figure it out myself. They will probably need 24V but that is about as much as I know until know.

Thanks in advance guys.

Marnix
Attached Thumbnails
Audix 4B02 compressor/limiter/gate-audix-compressor-noise-gate-type-4b02-2.jpg   Audix 4B02 compressor/limiter/gate-audix-compressor-noise-gate-type-4b02-1.jpg  
Old 18th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi
Yes it wants 24 Volts, negative ground. The transformer is for input. The output would have driven a 1:2 step up transformer so that an overall 24dBu max signal can be maintained. The 24 Volts would give just short of +19 dBu unbalanced without the transformer.
I don't think I have the schematic for this module but the basic amplifier circuit blocks are pretty 'textbook' designs.
Matt S
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…