Quantcast
5.1 PC speakers for audiophile. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
5.1 PC speakers for audiophile.
Old 30th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
5.1 PC speakers for audiophile.

Okay, so my Logitech X-530's have served me well for five years, but are starting to distort etc. I'm sure at least one of you will know this model, they were very popular. I'm most definitely going to get either the new Event 20/20 or maybe even 2030 (this means I won't need a monitor sub right?). But I really enjoy my 5.1 Steven Wilson blu-rays also.

Basically I do not want to spend too much money on my 5.1 setup, unless it's a good idea to add some cheaper but decent monitors to the Event setup. Either that or someone recommends me a nice 5.1 setup that does not exceed 500 clams.

thanks heaps!
Old 31st January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Surely there is someone who can point me in the right direction.
Old 31st January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
A Logitech Z-5500 THX setup around $200 used would be a good upgrade over your current X-530s. I use mine for computer gaming and movies. Not exactly audiophile quality, but I doubt you'll find anything for $500 that would qualify either.

For my project studio I went with a JBL LSR 2325P/2310SP/MSC1 2.1 setup. It IS audiophile quality. It cost me $700 but well worth it. I sold my $3,000 Magneplanars after hearing what the JBLs are capable of in an acoustically treated room.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…