Quantcast
KRK RP 10-3 or VXT6 just for listening music? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KRK RP 10-3 or VXT6 just for listening music?
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
KRK RP 10-3 or VXT6 just for listening music?

I appologize in advance for asking this question here but noone else was able to answer.

I am looking for a stereo speaker set for listening music, mainly rock, jazz and some classics. I don't like how the modern hifi speakers sound. They are usually very coloured and bassy unless I'm willing to spend 2000+ €. What I like is the sound of audio monitors for sound engineers, where I can get much better response for a lot less money.

I have heard various types of monitors (Adam, Event, KRK) and what I like the most are KRK, specifically RP 10-3 and somewhat also VXT6. The problem is I have heard them in a studio, but the acoustics of my room is far from perfect, and since there will be much more of reflected sound, the monitors' basses might actually overwhelm everyting else, especially when placed at a wall.

Should I get RP 10-3 or VXT6? Or should I try VXT8? I would be grateful for any advice.

Facts:
1. I do not need to mix, I do not need a sound transparency, I just like how audio monitors sound.
2. My room is quite small - 25 sq.meters.
3. I can't place the speakers too far from each other, it will be lets say 2 meters.
4. Listeners will be about 3 meters from the speakers and they won't be always right in the sweet spot.
5. In a studio environment, I preferred KRK RP 10-3 over KRK VXT6.
Old 20th July 2013
Here for the gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I had the rokit 8's then got the krk 10-3. Success!!! I was using it with the krk 10s sub. The sub complemented it well. I also learnt wath a DAC is. I bought and I am using a Audioengine D1 sounds really good. I dont mix (yet) I just love audio. You cant go wrong with the krk 10-3. they are big though.
Update: I sold the 10s sub and ordered the krk 12sho. Its being shipped as we speak. I look forward to righting a review. IMO everyone can benefit from a sub.
Old 15th October 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I wanna get the KRK Rokit 6's just for listening to music and regular speaker use. Are these good? I listen to Hip/Hop, Rock and some jazz. I also watch a lot of YouTube. My current speakers are ass so I want to get something a lot better. I AM NOT MIXING OR PRODUCING, JUST FOR LISTENING AND REGULAR SPEAKER USE. Thanks
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Have you considered the new Yamaha HS8's? They seem very neutral and would seem to be nice for just listening.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

7 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
None of them in this thread are nice as a listening speaker...
📝 Reply