Quantcast
A viable upgrade from an mbox - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A viable upgrade from an mbox
Old 28th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
A viable upgrade from an mbox

I currently own an mbox interface paired with an Isa one and an fmr rnc. I own the sm7b, at4040, and the nt1a. The sound i have right now is decent but its not exactly what i want & it doesnt have the amount if I/O i need for routing compression during mixdown. I had my eyes on the saffire pro 24 dsp but i dont know if thats really considered an upgrade. I was also looking at the Rme BabyFace but it doesnt have enough I/O. Looked into the steinberg UR824, pretty interested in that.. also the mbox 3, but i was hearing that they had driver issues... im recording vocals and guitar mostly. Im looking for an interface with clear conversion atleast 4/6 I/O's for routing hardware but most of all, an interface that will sit hand in hand with the isa one pre, and the fmr rnc. If anyone has any suggestions for an interface on my current list or one thats not on it. Please, all comments are welcome.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
The Steinberg is a great option. If you're on a lower budget, the M Audio Profire 2626 should handle everything you want and more.
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Apogee Quartet or Symphony
📝 Reply