Quantcast
MS-20 mini in Australia - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MS-20 mini in Australia
Old 4th February 2013
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
These guys are usually pretty good on pricing. Just have to wait and shop around.

Korg MS-20 Mini Classic Monophonic Analog Synthesizer
Old 4th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastByte โžก๏ธ
Dude on eBay Oz has an original for 1500$ wasted bucks if you feel like plugging into 30 year old 110 Korgs.....Yum!
I repaired an MS-10 years back. I reparied it superbly of course (!), but didn't renovate the jacks or keys. It was rusted, yellowed uneven keys, had that old radio smell and frankly is a piece of junk even when it is working perfectly. The linear oscillators are so hard to interface with anything, it flat out sounded wobbly in a bad way (didn't replace all the caps though) and is simply too crude to be versatile. Not sorry to see that go, and I made no profit at all. $300 bought and sold it for $290 BTW.

I am really looking forward to the improved sound of SMT and modern components of the MS20mini. New analogs with SMT can and do sound amazing and bring analog up to date.

But having a time warp 1978 MS? Hell no!

B
Old 5th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll โžก๏ธ
I repaired an MS-10 years back. I reparied it superbly of course (!), but didn't renovate the jacks or keys. It was rusted, yellowed uneven keys, had that old radio smell and frankly is a piece of junk even when it is working perfectly. The linear oscillators are so hard to interface with anything, it flat out sounded wobbly in a bad way (didn't replace all the caps though) and is simply too crude to be versatile. Not sorry to see that go, and I made no profit at all. $300 bought and sold it for $290 BTW.

I am really looking forward to the improved sound of SMT and modern components of the MS20mini. New analogs with SMT can and do sound amazing and bring analog up to date.

But having a time warp 1978 MS? Hell no!

B
Totally Agree - Just be interesting to see how the SMT Boards live up to the Original in Sounds & User interface Patch wise (Mult/Mod/Cross Osc/Gate/Time domain/Filters/Etc) and the 100% to 78% Size - Guess they used the same Manufacturing from the Korg Legacy Stuff.....Though CV/Gate would be very cool on the New Korg, any one know if it's implemented, or is it Kenton Midi-CV Gate control Again! Hard Midi would be cool as well....! USB interfaces are getting clogged up in bandwidth depending on how many ports your Sharing?

I just hope Korg Don't go down the Roland Jupiter 80 Route, Man I was hoping that would be the keyboard, though it seems more Live/Performance orientated. I'm amazed these companies will not give us a Trident, or Poly Six or Jupiter 8 or 6 or 106...I mean ok...A certain amount of parts are gone and near unobtanium without gutting another unit, though there are way around this, that Korg Mono-tribe (Sic) those tiny one's and the other small Korg stuff just shows the DAW generation wan't synths that Whizz, Fizz, Blurb, Bubble, Buzz, Saw, and Blip? and can go into 1/4 inch etc. As much as I appreciate the Vintage in "VINTAGE" with 1176's and Pultec's, Urei's & 500 Series from the reintroduction of MADI and RS422 and all the rest of it just shows that these Synths are still viable as hardware even though VSTi's can do interesting stuff! A Hardware version of a Korg or Roland Classic - Man, that would be not only Great Fun, though a Serious Synth!!
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I'm pleased that Korg decided not to update the specs of the MS-20 other than midi and usb connectivity. The temptation for Moog to modernise the Voyager did change the sound and I believe its because of the digital circuitry. But I have the feeling the MS-20mini is a labour of love for Korg. I hope it breaks all records in volume sales.

If Roland can mix a little bit of love in with a reissue of a classic, it would also break records. Maybe it can be their lifeline product...

B
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Store DJ is now preordering at $699. I'm pleased to see they have been the most keen to get it up on a website and start preorders.

B
Old 9th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll โžก๏ธ
I'm pleased that Korg decided not to update the specs of the MS-20 other than midi and usb connectivity. The temptation for Moog to modernise the Voyager did change the sound and I believe its because of the digital circuitry. But I have the feeling the MS-20mini is a labour of love for Korg. I hope it breaks all records in volume sales.

If Roland can mix a little bit of love in with a reissue of a classic, it would also break records. Maybe it can be their lifeline product...

B
Yeah.......a Labour of love in the exact same dimensional unit as per used in the Korg Legacy Controllers! Let's be serious, Korg are in no way going to re-engineer to spec when they have the mould's ready for the 78% reduced casing!

It's like getting a 15" Rack mount 1176!
Lol....!
Old 9th February 2013
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
If you know someone in the us who can receive and post it to you. There are company's that will do this, or maybe someone here will on post for a small fee
๐Ÿ“ Reply