Quantcast
Which one box for around 2k or less? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which one box for around 2k or less?
Old 26th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Which one box for around 2k or less?

I'm looking for a new digital desk sub 2k ish or less. I want a one box solution (failing that the holy grail will do). 12-16 mic pres. On board processing (Comp Gate FX etc). I also want to be able to record all 16 channels and have the box act as a control surface. I'm confused about connection varieties. I remember not long ago that USB couldn't do 16 in & out but Firewire did, then we got even better firewire (800) and a version of USB that will do the 16 thing. Now the fruit company have dropped firewire for thunderbird which apparently is the answer to mankinds deepest longings. Oh and there's cat 5 & iPad control, I would like my box to be connectable via cat 5 & ipad.
Is this possible? I'm the provider, carrier & operator for my sons musical endeavours (Rhodesbros | acoustic duo) & various other things. I'm mad that people like the fruit company keep changing connectors which can cause major headaches for ordinary people like me.
I've got my choices down to Yamahas 01v96i or the Line 6 M20d. I realise that I will have to compromise but I would like to future proof my investment as much as I can (I intend to keep the kit until it corrodes away).
Does anyone have an opinion or any additions to my shortlist?
Thanks in anticipation (I hope I've picked the right bit of the forum - it's my first post)!
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What's the fruit company??

Edit: ohhhhh you mean Microsoft!
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Pineapple
📝 Reply