Quantcast
2caudio b2, aether, breeze vs. Outboard - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
2caudio b2, aether, breeze vs. Outboard
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
2caudio b2, aether, breeze vs. Outboard

I was wondering how the 2C Audio reverb plugins like B2 and AETHER compare to M2000, M-1 XL, PCM 60, etc. The amount of presets on the 2C Audio plugins is astounding especially B2 and I could either pay $450.00 for an M2000 or pay $200 for the B2 or BREEZE reverb plugin. I also have altiverb 7, and some UAD reverb plugins. Breverb 2 and waves reverbs.

I mean really is it going to sound any better if its outboard gear vs. plugins or should I stick with plugins? At any rate you should check out 2C Audio's website I haven't heard a lot of talk about their software but damn man AETHER which I have is amazing the presets are endless but still there's that belief in my mind that maybe outboard reverb gear would be better.

Any thoughts?
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
B2 is an Awesome sounding Reverb

I would use it over many OTB options. There are a few exceptions i.e. Bricasti M7, Eventide H8000, and some other High-End HW units, but you get more for your money with B2, very flexible, high-quality dual engine algorithmic reverb.

I highly recommend B2 Reverb. I would say it is the best sounding ITB reverb I have used so far !

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Hey Mysitc Muse,
I did a little shoot out a couple of weeks ago between these 3 plugs and a bunch of other plugs, along side a Bricasti. I'm hoping to complete my test next week using a 2000, 6000, and lex300 and lex480L.
I have to say I"m quite impressed with Aether, didn't spend as much time listening to breeze or B2. Very impressed with Valhalla plugs as well. Just got a demo of redline reverb and its good too.
To summarize so far, nothing beats the M7, but Aether comes closest in mixing acoustic music, folk, jazz, rock, classical. I didn't put the plug head to head with the M2000 yet but have spent lots of time with 2000s. I'd call it a draw, except the M2000 is a great voc delay box, vs having many instances of Aether running different programs. My choice is different - buy a bunch of plugs, expecting quality to improve yearly or plop down $4K for the bricasti. Its a problem of workflow for me, more than $. Recall with no time to remix is a fact of life now at least in my day to day.
interested to see response from others.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
cool

thanks i know that bricasti, eventide all those high end reverbs are of course damn nice but once you get down to the less than $1000.00 range I don't know really if those reverb processors are any better than the plugins. I'd have to spend about $5000.00 on outboard reverb gear to beat the plugins. Still I keep thinking how it would be great to limit the amount of plugins (i hate em) and use outboard gear instead like my stereo bus comp, eq's, mic pre's, etc.

What about an M2000?
Old 4th September 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Muse โžก๏ธ
thanks i know that bricasti, eventide all those high end reverbs are of course damn nice but once you get down to the less than $1000.00 range I don't know really if those reverb processors are any better than the plugins. I'd have to spend about $5000.00 on outboard reverb gear to beat the plugins. Still I keep thinking how it would be great to limit the amount of plugins (i hate em) and use outboard gear instead like my stereo bus comp, eq's, mic pre's, etc.

What about an M2000?
I know this thread is old, but the topic still very actual.

I had a TC G-Major (which is not even one of their high end models, but to have a model under 1000USD) on stage and for recording many years and it still sounded better than all plug-ins I tried (before somebody screams: "..than all plugins I tried", not "than all the plugins"

I know, logically it doesn't seem to make sense, but I hear it myself and from so many experienced producers and musicians. I don't doub't that one day a plugin reverb will be 1:1 with a good hardware, I just didn't find yet one.
I have Valhalla Vintage Verb and the TC Powercore MegaReverb and ClassicVerb.
Valhalla is cool for glueing Rock and Pop Mixes, for solo instruments, folk, jazz classic it has nothing to do for me with a great sounding reverb. Means for realistic rooms or good rooms in general for me not usable. The Classiverb get's closer to how I expect a good reverb to sound.

Maybe the hardware has still more processing power for one instance, I have no idea about this side of tech.
For me Nebula is the future of realistic emulations (or the newer Aqua series).

Also normal IR's didn't make me happy yet. It is a static snapshot. But what we like about some gear is exactly the nonstatic and nonlinear behaviour.
And the tail modulation in a IR is missing (even if many great reverbs were digital, not analog).
Of cours total recall is a big argument and somebody who does mixing for a living might prefer ITB in general, as for the low budgets nowdays you can't justify loosing (not wasting) time in recall trial "parties".
But for my own projects where I have not rush, I still prefer to invest in these details.
๐Ÿ“ Reply