Quantcast
How to connect pcm 60?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to connect pcm 60??
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
How to connect pcm 60??

All right I think I am going to get a PCM 60 however the outputs are 1/4 trs and not XLR. What I need is for someone to tell me simply how I would go about hooking this up. It would be connected via a snake cable going into the analog i/o of my AVID HD I/O. So I'm thinking 1/4 in. to XLR Male = connect that to the XLR female snake cable (any channel will do). After that what else would I need to do? Keep in mind I will be using the PCM 60 in mono unless I can have someone help me figure out how to use it in stereo. The trick that I don't understand is that when mixing with outboard gear I have the input - lets say channel 7 and the output. I'm just really confused about how to do this.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I never went back that far....it's mono? Or you don't know how to do the routing in software.

TRS and XLR are the same three cables--different jack. So, yes, the answer is just adapts or cables that go from one to the other.
📝 Reply