Quantcast
Recording schoolkids choir - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recording schoolkids choir
Old 15th April 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Yes itll be fine! Those are high quality mics and they both fairly neutral in the high end (perfect for what your doing) just remember you have to attach the omni capsules to the KMs and the U87 might need a little extra gain

Sent from my LG-P500
Old 15th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
It's the final countdown, taratata, taratatata..."

OK! I think it's time to reconsider the options I set earlier in this thread. First of all, I would like to thank ALL you guys who took the time to advise me by writing your ideas and suggestions. I truly appreciate that. Your great experience is amazingly valuable to me. Be sure that I will try out every trick that was mentioned in this thread.

I will now give you my final three options and please tell me which one would suit me (personally) better. Just for reminding, you must take into account a couple of things. First, I need to record a choir (of 30-something members) with 8-10 choristers at a time (all with headphones) in a small live room (see photos above) and second, I have always been hating mediocrity! So I need the best possible performance. The three options are...

A. A stereo pair of Neumann U87 for $6104 + a non-expensive pair of SDC mics *

B. A single Neumann U87 for $2867 + a pair of AKG C414 XLS for $2137 + a cheap pair of SDC mics

C. A single Neumann U87 for $2867 + a pair of KM184 for $1348

* Non-expensive pair of SDC mics could be either Beyerdynamic MC-930 or sE Electronics SE 4400A
Old 17th April 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Would any of you guys prefer a pair of either AKG C451 B or Beyerdynamic MC-930 or sE Electronics SE4 over a pair of Neumann KM184?

One more thing! Have you ever used an sE Electronics SE 4400A or have you heard of anything about its performance? In comparison to the AKG C414 XLS (which costs almost the double money), would you say SE 4400A is a decent option (in general and not just for recording a choir) for a pair of LDC mics?
📝 Reply