Quantcast
Presonus Firestudio Project-did I make a mistake buying used instead of new? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Presonus Firestudio Project-did I make a mistake buying used instead of new?
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Presonus Firestudio Project-did I make a mistake buying used instead of new?

So, after being completely out of recording for quite some time, I've decided to take the DAW plunge. I have decided on the Presonus Firestudio Project because that is what my sometimes mentor Bruce Bartlett uses and he makes great recordings. So, please, PLEASE don't bring your opinions about this interface into this thread. I have decided on the Presonus only because it is what Bruce has used and he is still patient enough to help me from time to time. So, yesterday I bought (over the phone) a used one from Guitar Center in Indy. By the time I got done with sales tax and the extended warranty (14 months) it came to $270. I can get a brand new one for $428 all in. I am on a bit of a tight budget, selling things to buy things so I saw an opportunity to save some cash. Those of you who have experience with or knowledge of the Firestudio Project-would you suggest spending the extra $160 for a new one or should I feel safe with the used one. One other thing-the sales guy said he thought the discs were missing but that it would be better to download them from the Presonus website anyway. So, now what are your thoughts please. I have 30 days to return it after it gets here and of course the reason I buy so many things from different GC locations is that their return policy allows me to return them to my local store. I got an amazing deal back in October on a 2008 Gibson Advanced Jumbo guitar and will never be disappointed on that deal. But, I know plenty about guitars and not much about electronic devices.so I really could use some help here. thanks everyone.

Larry
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Can't see how you could go wrong if you have an extended warranty. And yes its much better to download all the drivers and software that would have been on the CD'S. There usually are bug fixes, improvements and added features on most software these days, and you can't get that on a CD. Some products tell you to immediately check for updates online when you open the box.

Sent from my SPH-L710
📝 Reply