Must have monitors for ALL studios - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Must have monitors for ALL studios
Old 22nd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Must have monitors for ALL studios

Hey everyone,

So I'm currently in the process of upgrading my studio set up a little but as well as changing the room that I will be working in. I'm not looking to get new mains because I'm used to the ones that I have now and I like working on them and all that good stuff so no worries there. What I am wondering is are there any sort of monitors that ALL studios have or should have. I know that in a lot of studios I have always seen certain monitors and things like that.

I know and have heard a lot about Avantone mix cubes and how they are a must for comparing mixes for like real world systems and speakers and stuff like that but I was wondering if there is anything else (even stuff other than monitors) that all studios pretty much must have.

Won't be doing vocals in this studio so no need to worry about things for that... just a project studio for putting my tracks together and recording the demo vox to then take into a studio for tracking the vox.

Thanks!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…