Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
has anyone used RCF AYRA 5's????

right now, I am considering between

1) Yamaha HS50M
2) Tannoy Reveal 501A

but someone just recommended me with

RCF ayra 5.

I do not see whole lot of review about those guys, and I am wondering how they are like...

I am looking for monitors for good mixes, so someone please tell me if the arya's got the flat sound and how their low freq response is!!

Last edited by meloneater; 22nd January 2013 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: miss spell
Old 2nd February 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Hi, I've been using the RCF Ayra 5's in a small home studio for about a month now. When I went to buy them I had pretty much the same options as you but went for the Ayra 5's. Obviously they're not perfect at the price level but while they're not quite as flat as the Yamaha's they have a really nice sounding clear mid range for a speaker in this price bracket and the low frequency response is also good for a speaker of it's price. If you want as flat a frequency response possible then go for the Yamaha's but if you place the RCF's right in your room they can be much nicer sounding speakers. Also in your price range are KRK Rokit 5's which I would definitely avoid if you are looking for as a flat frequency response as possible. So if you want as flat response as possible at this price go for the Yamaha's but the RCF's are still very good accurate speakers.
Old 11th February 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHeskey โžก๏ธ
Hi, I've been using the RCF Ayra 5's in a small home studio for about a month now. When I went to buy them I had pretty much the same options as you but went for the Ayra 5's. Obviously they're not perfect at the price level but while they're not quite as flat as the Yamaha's they have a really nice sounding clear mid range for a speaker in this price bracket and the low frequency response is also good for a speaker of it's price. If you want as flat a frequency response possible then go for the Yamaha's but if you place the RCF's right in your room they can be much nicer sounding speakers. Also in your price range are KRK Rokit 5's which I would definitely avoid if you are looking for as a flat frequency response as possible. So if you want as flat response as possible at this price go for the Yamaha's but the RCF's are still very good accurate speakers.
Thank you, that is exact response I was looking for..
Comparing between ayras and yammies!!

I am leaning more towards to Yamaha's now, but here is my another question..

how about Ayra 6's vs Yam hs50m's??

would that 1 inch difference make any major differences?

Thank you again
Old 20th June 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Hey Guys,

And what if you had to make a choice between the RCF Ayra 5 and the KRK Rp5 G2?
The Mackie MR5 MkII are also in my budget, but I think I prefer a front ported speaker.
Old 1st February 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Ayra 5s for high-mid loveliness

The Ayra 5s are really a bit special for the price. Somehow they hit a sweetspot for voices, piano, strings, etc that you'd usually have to pay a lot more for. (I did a shootout with a bunch and for smooth mid-loveliness only the way pricier genelecs were better.) They're not great for all things. They're not physically big and for a lot of pop/rock music they sound a bit small and cold but that's exactly why I chose them. I can sometimes find myself a victim of Seduction by Bass when mixing (in fact the Mackie MkIIs are terrible for this in their way of making all kinds of rock enjoyably blastable, round and warm that I later find my mix didn't deserve). These don't flatter, don't forgive hard limiting but they really show off the hard work put into classical (weirdly expansive on massive symphonies), well produced electronica and most of all old analog recordings.

Essentially with anything that's had its warmth (or artful chill) put in at source and isn't too congested in the low-mid in a way that needs big controlled bass to do justice.
Old 7th May 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Ayra 8's sound Great

Hi, I know you were asking about the Ayra 5's but I thought I would reply anyway.
I own a pair of Ayra 8's for my home studio which I mainly use for Dialogue editing, Foley Editing, Sound effects track laying & Sound design to picture for TV shows. They more than meet my requirements, I have them on top of some Isolation pads and they are super. The top and mid are really crisp and smooth and the bottom is there and not overly muddy for a front ported design (the pads help this resonance dissipation).
RCF have been making loudspeakers for decades and it shows.

you can't go wrong with the Ayra 8's.

Regards, James
๐Ÿ“ Reply