So little gear, so much time! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
So little gear, so much time!
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
So little gear, so much time!

So I was sitting down in front of my rig and I couldn't think of anything I needed to upgrade. Or even wanted to. Sure, every single piece I have could be upgraded to something 'better' but nothing is stopping me from recording or mixing.

I started writing songs again instead of fretting about converters. I feel younger!

I guess the question is, how long can it last?
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
If you're anything like any of the slutz (including myself) on this forum, then I give you 3 more days :P
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Oh man, I was hoping to make it to the weekend, maybe finish the song.

Then maybe get a new mic to record it of course.
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Good on you. I have too much gear, but, I have so much fun with it. I actually view it as a separate hobby from my music, even though they are closely related. Sometimes I get embarrassed by my piles of pedals, for example. I think organization helps, time for a shelf or two.
Old 22nd January 2013
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin ➡️
So I was sitting down in front of my rig and I couldn't think of anything I needed to upgrade. Or even wanted to. Sure, every single piece I have could be upgraded to something 'better' but nothing is stopping me from recording or mixing.

I started writing songs again instead of fretting about converters. I feel younger!

I guess the question is, how long can it last?
Go and smash your router up! NOW!.. Go to a mates house and upload your music to wherever.. Occasionally check stats on an expensive internet tariff on your smart phone so you won't stay on it.!!

It's the only way Grasshopper, this site ruins your psyche with all this delicious gear.
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
Good on you. I have too much gear, but, I have so much fun with it. I actually view it as a separate hobby from my music, even though they are closely related. Sometimes I get embarrassed by my piles of pedals, for example. I think organization helps, time for a shelf or two.
I just had to re-decorate my room and scaled it down, especially after the other day when I compressed my head straight into a 1176.
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:

.....I guess the question is, how long can it last?
Until ........
now
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'd love to get to the point where I say "I have everything I need".
And I am absolutely tickled pink with my current setup.
Though hanging around a site called "Gearslutz" does nothing to curb your desire to acquire that "one more thing".
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide ➡️
I'd love to get to the point where I say "I have everything I need".
And I am absolutely tickled pink with my current setup.
Though hanging around a site called "Gearslutz" does nothing to curb your desire to acquire that "one more thing".
I swear down I'm becoming a major contributer of bringing audio out of recession..
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
DAW's constantly need upgrading as processing power evolves
Old 22nd January 2013
GS Community Manager

Quote:
S
Which converters are you going to record said songs though? Are you sure they're up to par?
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Best thread title I've seen on this forum.
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Thanks Guys,

I feel ashamed and silly for thinking that I could write a song on just a piano and then get anyone to listen to it.

The purpose of a song is to pass it though gear.
The purpose of gear is to render everything you've done autotuned and limited to 0.1 db
The purpose of limiting is to get it on iTunes and sell it people so that they can play it through those white ibuds.

I can't think of a way to do this with less than 11 mics, 5 compressors and 3 pairs of monitors.

I stand corrected.
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Thanks Guys,

I feel ashamed and silly for thinking that I could write a song on just a piano and then get anyone to listen to it.

The purpose of a song is to pass it though gear.
The purpose of gear is to render everything you've done autotuned and limited to 0.1 db
The purpose of limiting is to get it on iTunes and sell it people so that they can play it through those white ibuds.

I can't think of a way to do this with less than 11 mics, 5 compressors and 3 pairs of monitors.

I stand corrected.
Glad you know the score
📝 Reply