1640i No A/B Monitoring Support - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1640i No A/B Monitoring Support
Old 21st January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
1640i No A/B Monitoring Support

Hello,
I own the Mackie onyx 1640i and I am looking to set up a 2nd pair of speakers to it. Unfortunately they do not include alternate monitor outputs or A/B Switches on the mixing board. However on their cheaper Big Knob they offer three speaker outputs. I was wondering what anyone would recommend I do to create an A/B monitoring system that goes from the 1640i to the A/B Switch. I do not plan on throwing out or selling my 1640i (even though I am extremely pissed off they don't offer this option on the board) If you recommend I buy the Big Knob please let me know the best way to set it up. I would think Main out of the 1640i to the DAW input on the big knob, but im not sure

Thanks!
and if anyone knows anyone in mackie please tell them its total B.S that on their flag ship mixing board they hustle the customer to have to buy a 2nd piece of equipment just to hear two sets of speakers
-Lee

Last edited by Feet1stmusic; 21st January 2013 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: contact info change
📝 Reply