Quantcast
Radial stops using Jensen transformer in JDI duplex? - Page 10 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Radial stops using Jensen transformer in JDI duplex?
Old 4th May 2018 | Show parent
OMG!!! This had to be the best thread I've ever seen. Mr. Eppstein sir, you couldn't have been more eloquent while laying out your epic smackdown. I'm ordering a ProD2 just to hear the Eclipse Trannies.
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict
JD4 vs JD6

Sorry to drudge up a necro-thread but I'm so confused!

The Radial site has nothing on the legacy product but looking at the JD6 manual online, it says the JD6 is Eclipse-equipped all over the place even as web page says Jensen-equipped. Not sure if it's just a housekeeping issue.

I searched GS looking for info on the Radial JD4 & how it compares to the JD6 since I can't find any info on it at all w/ Google. Specifically, I wanted to know if the JD4 filter switch for line/pick-up was simply a gentle LPF or if there was some impedance switching or whatever happening.

Some older JD4s seemed to have different inputs even for line vs "normal from the looks of it but I can't find any information on the JD4 at all.
Old 23rd October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdvb ➡️
Sorry to drudge up a necro-thread but I'm so confused!

The Radial site has nothing on the legacy product but looking at the JD6 manual online, it says the JD6 is Eclipse-equipped all over the place even as web page says Jensen-equipped. Not sure if it's just a housekeeping issue.

I searched GS looking for info on the Radial JD4 & how it compares to the JD6 since I can't find any info on it at all w/ Google. Specifically, I wanted to know if the JD4 filter switch for line/pick-up was simply a gentle LPF or if there was some impedance switching or whatever happening.

Some older JD4s seemed to have different inputs even for line vs "normal from the looks of it but I can't find any information on the JD4 at all.
Go to their website and email or call them. They are very willing to discuss all of their products.

Let us know what you find out!
Old 28th October 2020
Lives for gear

A fun fact about another Radial product: the Pro48 DI is wired out of phase! Yes, you've read it right! That DI is pin 3 hot! A quick email reply from them confirmed that early production of that model has indeed an error in the design, and they simply preferred to keep it that way, to be sure that all units are phase matched. They told me that they sold a ton of these and only a few people ever noticed that... Well, I did and it really surprised me, coming from a company that is supposed to design the 'best' DIs... (not). Not sure what I would have done with that personally If I was the maker... Maybe simply ditch that model, and make another one correctly designed.
📝 Reply