Quantcast
vht special 6 opinions - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
vht special 6 opinions
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
vht special 6 opinions

i keep looking at reviews on these, and i'm close to buying one, anybody using one for recording and have advice? i usually am a clean fender guy...but i think the 10" speaker is an advantage... there is not one in a store around nyc to sample as far as i can tell... appreciate any feedbck
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by patshep ➡️
i keep looking at reviews on these, and i'm close to buying one, anybody using one for recording and have advice? i usually am a clean fender guy...but i think the 10" speaker is an advantage... there is not one in a store around nyc to sample as far as i can tell... appreciate any feedbck
It's a cracking little combo with lots of attitude. Nicely voiced with a quite a few options using the switches but only a single tone control. A nice bassy and wild complement to my vibrochamp. Modders who love tweaking capacitor values have said just leave this setup alone although being hand wired it is easy to mod. It also gets a lot better when plugged into my Celestion Blue 2x12.

Having said this I bought an Egnator Tweaker 15 recently for only twice the price of the Special 6 and that is a very versatile and great sounding head.

As an aside you'd get more responses if you put this in the guitar based forum.

Tony
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
thanks, i will probably get the combo, for convenience, i'm a jazz/rock guy, and something smaller than my 6L6 modded deluxe reverb is needed at home, since I barely gig anymore... haha
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…