Quantcast
lamb laboratories mixer - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
lamb laboratories mixer
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
lamb laboratories mixer

Has anyone ever used one of these things? It's made in the U.K. By Revok (Studer.) I have a chance to pick up their 422 mixer for cheap & just wanted to know what they sounded like & if they would be worth picking up. I can't find any info on these things at all.

Here's a link to an old eBay auction with pictures.

lamb laboratories mixerLamb Laboratories PML 422 Vintage Discrete Audio Mixer Made by Studer ReVox | eBay
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have a pretty similar one (PML420.) I've hardly had cause to use it tbh. and would also like more info.
Old 9th March 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Lamb Labs 4 channel mixer

Wow, that brings back some memories for me. I owned three of the Lamb Labs mixers from 1974-1978 at my first basement studio. They were originally designed to fit in the same case as a Revox tape deck, and were sold to music stores in small towns that did not have a studio. The concept was that you would rent the mixer, a Revox 2 track with sound-on-sound, 4 Beyer mics, 4 mic stands, and a couple of sets of Beyer headphones as a package, and do your own recording. The local store in my hometown bought the package, but hardly anyone rented the gear, so they gradually sold it off.. Our drummer bought the Revox, and I bought the mixer. The midrange was boost only (no cut) if I remember correctly. There were built-in compressors on the two output channels. It worked ok in my small town, but when I moved to Toronto, I found the mixers picked up rf interference like crazy. I still have some of the recordings I made with the Lamb Labs mixers, now almost 40 years ago.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…