Neumann U87 scam Gumtree (UK) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann U87 scam Gumtree (UK)
Old 18th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Neumann U87 scam Gumtree (UK)

Here's a classic I found on Gumtree (UK) yesterday:

Neumann U87Ai Set Z Microphone in London | Studio & Live Music Equipment for Sale | Gumtree.com

£400! What a deal!

Thought I'd have a laugh and email.

"wow, why so cheap"

She says "My Neumann U87Ai mic is still for sale. Please provide me your e mail to send you some pictures"

I say "I work in London Monday to Friday, could I come and take a look?"

She says "I am located in Leeds."

I say "why did you put you were based in London on the advert?"

She says "I don't know why but I think gumtree location system has some problems"

She then highlighted my safety in this deal with these reassuring words:

"The total price will be £400 + £10 (shipping) = £410
We will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like Google Checkout and this way you're not buying something sight unseen.
You have to make the payment to Google Checkout. They will hold the money until you receive and inspect the mic. Once your payment is confirmed, the shipping will be started in the same day, and will last 2 days until it gets to your address. You will have 1 day for inspection from the moment the mic arrives at your address. If it is not like I have described it Google Checkout will refund your payment in maximum 3 working days and the mic will be returned at my expense...but I'm sure that won't be the case...We are both covered.

If you are still interested just send me your full name and full shipping address. I will forward your info to Google Checkout and they will notify you about our deal."

Long and short of it is her name is Karen Thompson ([email protected]) from Leeds not London
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thousands of ads like that on Craigslist uk. I've reported loads and they never take them down, someone should sue the f**k out of CL.
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Haha. He/she is on there now selling a mac,command 8,pro tools, m audio monitors + digi 003- all for £400. Got the same reply also- asked why so cheap an got the reply it is still for sale send me your email for pictures-same bad grammar- now asking where i am based.
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Bargain!!!!!!
📝 Reply