The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lindell PEX500 Wohoo!
Old 10th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Lindell PEX500 Wohoo!

Finally got my LINDELL PEX 500 eq's and I gotta say..at first listen pretty darn good. For the price you cannot go wrong! I have and have had RETRO 2A3, A designs EMPEQ, A designs HAMMER and GREAT RIVER EQ's and this hangs with all of them! Just sayin!
Old 11th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How does it compare to the EMPEQ? I have a Hammer and looking for a Pultec style to complement it. I just put in an order for a pair of the EQs and one of the Fet comps.

JROD
Old 11th October 2012
Baz
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Congratz! It sure costs a lot less than my JLM PEQ500's, thats for sure...Pultec style EQs are a must in my book
Old 11th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I sold the EMPEQ's for these and I don't think I miss em' Too early to tell but these things sound pretty good so far. I have to go back to some of my EMPEQ mixes to compare!
Old 19th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Any feedback on these?

Sourcefor, we'd be grateful if you could let us know your thoughts/experiences etc with the PEX-500, thanks.
Old 19th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Someone with a low post count bragging about new toys always alerts me to suspicions.

Anyhow anybody else can comment ?
Old 20th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
LOL I'm low post count! however I genuinely wish to know how the units are, I've only just moved onto 500 series and definitely need a pair of EQs or a stereo EQ.

As much feedback as possible would be great, and I'm pretty sure a large number of people have received or are waiting to receive their units, guess it's a bit of a waiting game.
Old 29th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Ok, so I got a call late afternoon from Nick @ KMR Audio on Wednesday 24/10/2012, confirming Lindell Audio 500 Modules have just come through the door. So I purchased two PEX-500 and have attached a few pics (apologies on quality, was with the iphone and the upside down photos were not my fault, gearslutz uploading has somehow edited the rotation!! LOL).

So far nice EQs, in fact very smooth high end, to the point where you get tricked and end up boosting too much, only to realise you've thinned the sound LOL

I will get back with more results in the next few days, however for now I can confirm confidently that they are very nice and worth the cost

Thank you Tobias Lindell, all @ Lindell Audio and IGS Audio.

PS. Just a question to Tobias, What are the transformers in the units? On them it says Made in Oxford England, I'm a bit confused! Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Lindell PEX500 Wohoo!-img_0405.jpg   Lindell PEX500 Wohoo!-img_0406.jpg   Lindell PEX500 Wohoo!-img_0407.jpg   Lindell PEX500 Wohoo!-img_0409.jpg  
Old 29th October 2012 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Im glad you like them!

The transformers are custom ones made for me by a company in Oxford.... Simple as that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techone ➑️
Ok, so I got a call late afternoon from Nick @ KMR Audio on Wednesday 24/10/2012, confirming Lindell Audio 500 Modules have just come through the door. So I purchased two PEX-500 and have attached a few pics (apologies on quality, was with the iphone and the upside down photos were not my fault, gearslutz uploading has somehow edited the rotation!! LOL).

So far nice EQs, in fact very smooth high end, to the point where you get tricked and end up boosting too much, only to realise you've thinned the sound LOL

I will get back with more results in the next few days, however for now I can confirm confidently that they are very nice and worth the cost

Thank you Tobias Lindell, all @ Lindell Audio and IGS Audio.

PS. Just a question to Tobias, What are the transformers in the units? On them it says Made in Oxford England, I'm a bit confused! Thank you in advance.
Old 29th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
http://oep.co.uk/
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Thank you Lindell and thank you franzzappel.
Old 14th November 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Popped mine in today. They look and feel great! ...oh and they sound really good too!
Attached Thumbnails
Lindell PEX500 Wohoo!-image.jpg  
Old 27th November 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I'm not experienced with Pultec style eqs, but I am aware of how much people love them. The low frequency choices seem really really low. Is that just part of the beauty, attenuating to cut some low "mud" but boosting on the right side of the cut (or higher side)? I can't think of ever boosting that low in general so that's where the question comes from. Thanks
Old 10th December 2012
Deleted 1846071
Been listening to these modules on the Zen Pro site. The only thing that sounds better is the RETRO stuff, which is many times the price.

The Lindell 500 series ought to sell like hotcakes. Seems like the best value in audio - even better than the DIY stuff - and pretty damn close to the best quality. When I put a new studio together, it's going to be based around these.
Old 10th December 2012
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
Lindell has done a great job at delivering a very high quality signal path and components in the affordable range. After a while I had to stop asking HOW he was doing it (the parts list alone is not cheap...), and just keep moving them along.

War
Old 10th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
In the new year I plan on adding the lindel 500 series...well, my first in the 500 series units. Eq's and pre's. After using them at a location I think these are amazing value for what you get.

Sent from my SGH-T989D
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
In comparison to...

Has anyone compared these against other eq's? I used to have a RETRO 2A3 and A designs EMPEQ..and I cannot seem to get the big lowend that they had..any thoughts? I may have to get my EMPEQS back!
Old 22nd December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcefor ➑️
Has anyone compared these against other eq's? I used to have a RETRO 2A3 and A designs EMPEQ..and I cannot seem to get the big lowend that they had..any thoughts? I may have to get my EMPEQS back!
You might get a nicer flavour by swapping the opamp for something sweeter than the 990 SMD in there. If I had a pair I'd try JLM 99v opamps in there......but that won't change the curves or frequency points of course.......
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yeah I dont want to start opening things up..maybe some Purple LilPeqr's?
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
how about the PEX-500 vs. your retro 2a3 and EMPEQs in the high end about 10khz and 16khz ? is Pex-500 as smooth as the others?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
That's interesting.. I was looking to get a pair of Pex 500,
before that I skipped the A-Design because I found the low end
to be a tad weak on those, not exactly what I want from
a pair of pultec-style eq anyway.
From your comment it seems these are worse in that area,
kind of disappointing
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
These are not really worse in the LOw or High..maybe too smooth..maybe it's the sounds and mix...but it just seems that the EMPEQ was LARGE sounding out of the box is all..I think the PEX is a GREAT VALUE! It does sound good..maybe I need to work with it a bit more!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yeah I dont want to start opening things up..maybe some Purple LilPeqr's?
Just got a pair of these. They kill on the 2-buss.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retinal ➑️
That's interesting.. I was looking to get a pair of Pex 500,
before that I skipped the A-Design because I found the low end
to be a tad weak on those, not exactly what I want from
a pair of pultec-style eq anyway.
From your comment it seems these are worse in that area,
kind of disappointing
Maybe it's just the smd 990 opamp in there being a tad dry sounding making the bass a bit more hollow/analytical than voluptuous (and the top a bit stark as opposed to electric). Curious to hear if anyone has had the guts to void the guarantee and put some more appealing opamps with some glow to them in there...??

Never tried a pultec type that didn't give enough bass, all similar curves, but the way they deliver depending on the tone of the amplification makes it quite a different experience. IMHO
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Have you compared the LILPEQR to anything else? I love the sound I hear in online clips!
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
The PEX has bass..maybe it's me but i cannot seem to get that BIG round bass of the EMPEQ!
Old 22nd December 2012
Baz
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The low end from my PEQ500's is monsterous
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
The PEX has bass..maybe it's me but i cannot seem to get that BIG round bass of the EMPEQ!
Which is likely to do with the flavour of amplification, hence my interest.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
He paid big bucks and he couldn't get the BOOM!

Carry on.
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
3k would be nice
πŸ“ Reply