The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
tascam 38 + tascam M 320 B
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
tascam 38 + tascam M 320 B

hi there,
i just got a tascam 38 and a tascam M 320 B
but i don't have the owner manuals (yet)
anybody ca tell me how i should wire them together and then how do i use the m 320 b , i see there's PGM and tape in but don't really clear how to use it ...
how do i use the mixer then to play/record
thanks to help a beginner !
bye
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoonmat โžก๏ธ
hi there,
i just got a tascam 38 and a tascam M 320 B
but i don't have the owner manuals (yet)
anybody ca tell me how i should wire them together and then how do i use the m 320 b , i see there's PGM and tape in but don't really clear how to use it ...
how do i use the mixer then to play/record
thanks to help a beginner !
bye
Well,..Do you have any 8 channel snakes?
You'll need at least 2 of those. If not, definitely don't skimp on quality and make sure you spend a little extra for better cables. The 320B is a very underrated beautiful sounding console. I love mine. Paired up with a 38 and you've got a great configuration. Love the onboard EQ and preamps on the 320B...maybe not for everyone,..but definitely a sweetness to my ears.
I have a Tascam M-3700 32 ch, but always find myself going back to my 320B in the end.

( Basic mixing setup )
Take your 8 channels out from your 320B's PGM outs to your 38's tape in's and then another 8 channels will come out of your 38 and go back into your tape in's on your Tascam M320B. Stereo outs to your mixdown deck, etc. and mixdown deck back into your EXT IN.
Monitor left & right outputs go to your monitors.
This is a setup without EFX in the chain..but learn this first and then move on to bigger and better.
The 320B has a great sub-mixing system and various ways to route your sounds. The possibilities are vast.

I wish I can help you with a manual because the 320B manual has a very good read to it along with great schematics.
I have the manual but no printer or copy machine to scan it.
And even if I did,..I would have to find the time to do so because it is fairly large and consume a bit of time.
If you can find a PDF manual of any of the Tascam 300 series..you will be good to go. ( 308B, 312B, & 320B ) I'm sure someone out there has made a PDF available somewhere by now. Don't give up, keep asking around and you'll stumble across one sooner or later. There are still some good people out there willing to help.

I don't get on here as much as I'd like to due to working 2 jobs, but if you have any other questions I may be of help with..feel free to ask.
I may not get back right away, but I'll do what I can to help.
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
thanks a lot for your reply !!!
i ordered the manual , i will read it and try what you told me ...
and get back to you if you're agree ;-) 1st time i work with analog gear ...
bye, MAT
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
hi guys,
thanks for your great answers !!! and help !
i'm recording 8 tracks in the same time
what i'm doing now, before trying all of this step by step is :
direct out 1 to 8 in the tape machine IN , and the tape machine OUT to line 9 to 16
so i can use eq before hitting tape and make a normal mix after ...
is that ok like this ??
ok, no i need more help ;-)
how can i plug my reverb (orban 111) to my tascam 320B to be able to use it during mixing, so on chenels 9 to 16 ...
i got the owner 's manual and i don't see anything in it !! but i think i've been rip when i bought it, it's just 20 pages ... :-)
hope you can help me on thet too ...
thanks !!
๐Ÿ“ Reply