Quantcast
reamping synth/daw: anything like twin yet smaller? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
reamping synth/daw: anything like twin yet smaller?
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
reamping synth/daw: anything like twin yet smaller?

hi, would like to reamp some daw & electronics.. gonna pickup littlelabs Redeye 3D and combine it with GR NV. now i need an amp..

i used a friend's twin reverb a little bit, and really like its semi-clean, warm tone.. when blended with original , synths sound great with it. it also works great with my rhodes, and can dbl duty as guitar amp obviously. my mics are 414uls, km84 and old md421.

however my experience with amps, not being a guitar player, is quite small. i found a Blackface RI locally, but bfr pulling the trigger, id like to see if there are similar character tube amp options for less $$ and with smaller footprint..?

and in general, what amps/speakers/setups have ppl here used for synth reamp with success?

thanks
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Try a Fender Deluxe Reverb RI. Same two channels + beautiful trem and spring verb, but in a 22-watt 1x12 format.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
thanks, a great suggestion - i went reading for hours on that one over at various rhodes and guitar forums.. seems it might be the ticket, as it is clean, yet also when you need a touch of gritt, it gets into slight break-up at much lower levels than twin.

only concern with it seems that lower notes on synth/rhodes break too soon, with the factory speaker. maybe later i could add an alternative ext cab for it, to have a choice depending on the source - dunno if it Deluxe can, for example, drive a 4x10 cab..

alternatively to Fenders, any ideas specifically for synths, with less gritt and full-range? (i suppose i could mic the mixroom Adams)
๐Ÿ“ Reply