Soundtracs Power Supply Question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Soundtracs Power Supply Question
Old 23rd September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Soundtracs Power Supply Question

Hello Amigos,

I recently acquired a Soundtracs 24-6 monitor console, one of the early 80s soundtracs models, but I don't have a power supply for it. I was curious if anyone knows whether I could use a topaz power supply for this board (they both use 4-pin neutrik connectors). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as there is little information on these old boards, and I figured I could probably use a soundtracs power supply intended for a different console.

Images of this console can be seen here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...s/soundout.pdf

Cheers!
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If you are UK, try these dudes Studio Systems - The home where the Soundtracs roam

Good hunting. Love my Soundtracs
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Someone in the past modified my 16-6 Soundtracs monitor console so that rather than an external power supply it has one fitted in the mixer itself. nOt sure why they did that..maybe for portability. The downside is that it hums a bit....not noticeable when sound is playing, but you can hear it when everything else is quiet.
I have attached a small picture of a power supply that I saw with one of the 24/6 monitor consoles. It says "universal power supply " on it.
ps: thanks for posting a link to that brochure, I hadn't seen that before..it's cool to now have it!
Attached Thumbnails
Soundtracs Power Supply Question-soundtracs_powersupply_1s.jpg  
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
HMm.....actually looking at that brochure it looks like my 16-6 must have had an internal power when made rather than a modification, but also has a four pin connector for an external power supply. Not sure how that would have worked.
Old 10th September 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
How about a "schematic" for the 24/6 Monitor desk (in a suitcase)
Please send to Dennis

[email protected]
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…