Updating Orville to 3.0 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Updating Orville to 3.0
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Updating Orville to 3.0

Greetings

Just got an Orville which has older software in it, I want to update to 3.0 , but I cannot download from eventide website , because unit has to be registered and probably someone already did , so I cannot deposit to my account , therefore I cannot download the update file .

Does anyone has the file ?

Also what I read on their website that I need a pc with serial port .

I own a Mac, but I have windows also inside of the Mac, but the problem is I don't have a serial port

How can I make this update proper ?

Would be great to have assist about it ,thanks a lot
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
If no-one here has it, shoot off an email to Eventide explaining things.
I had to contact them this week and they were very helpful and got back to me the same day.

Also, I've read that if you use a serial to usb cord, that should work fine. They are pretty cheap too.
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide ➡️
If no-one here has it, shoot off an email to Eventide explaining things.I had to contact them this week and they were very helpful and got back to me the same day. Also, I've read that if you use a serial to usb cord, that should work fine. They are pretty cheap too.
Not sure what mac you have - though -
As Thebrightside has said, quite often with a Mac you can use USB or the Express card slot 3/4 and get a card that will plug or plumb in RS232 which is the serial you need Boot v3.00 & to run VSIG on, and you can do that on a Mac using Win XP and your favoured Win emulation boot or a free one such as Wine etc. Eventide are a pretty cool bunch of guys, I'm sure getting the version 3.00 software shouldn't be a drama, you might even get a better version for $40 bucks or so. Give them a Ding-a-ling!
Good luck!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…