Quantcast
Combining two Lr baggs pickup systems? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Combining two Lr baggs pickup systems?
Old 19th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Combining two Lr baggs pickup systems?

Hi, So I have been looking into a new pickup system for a guitar project. I have been a long time lr baggs fan and was thinking about using the anthem tru-mic. Upon doing some research I had a crazy idea. I was wondering if I could use the stagepro tru-mic system in conjunction with the lr baggs m80 soundhole pickup. Let me explain, for those of you that dont know the anthem blends the use of a UST with an internal mic. I have heard great things about this system but some still complain about is having a subtle UST sound. My question is since the preamp the blends the two together uses simple jacks to connect them could I replace the UST with the M80 soundhole pickup? Would this still work? Would it sound ok? I know I would need a special cable to connect the m80 where the UST would go. But if I did would it still function and would it sound better? Additionally I was wondering if there are any drawbacks to using a sidemounted preamp(other than having to cut a hole in my guitar) like does it make a drastic sonic difference? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I will include links to both the Anthem and the m80 so you guys can check them out. Thanks again!

Stage Pro Anthem | Acoustic Guitar Pickups | LR Baggs

M80-More Body, More Soul | LR Baggs
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…