Quantcast
Printing separate tracks through Buss EQ - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Printing separate tracks through Buss EQ
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Printing separate tracks through Buss EQ

My question to all practicing mixing engineer and hobbyists: is it a big discrepancy to mix full drum kit through drum buss's EQ or print each part of drum kit (kick, snare, toms, oh, etc.) separately through the this EQ with the same settings and then mix together? This issue is only about EQ and its various behavior in analog (Pultec style EQ, Chandler TG Channels, Neve 73, etc.) or digital domain (PSP, Brainworx stuff, various LP or MP EQs). The mixing environment is constant.
Thanks!
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I guess it mainly depends on EQ settings and mic technique... Otherwise I'd rather print the tracks separately cos you might need them when mixing. At least I'm usually not happy with all in one drum takes (except for addon submixes/room mic etc.).
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sounds like too much to me. I would get the EQ right with mic choice and placement, room, and a GOOD drummer (I know, that last one is really hard to find)
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…