Quantcast
How is the music scene in Orange County? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How is the music scene in Orange County?
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How is the music scene in Orange County?

Looking to get some input from those who live and/or work in Orange County. How is the live music scene? What about the studio scene? I currently live in LA and wondering if it will be too much of a hit to leave the LA/Hollywood area.
Old 19th September 2012
ST.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I only tried to get my feet wet in the live scene a couple of times. I just remember hearing the phrase "pay to play" a lot. There are a couple of places that attract fairly big audiences for smaller bands. Most of the ones I encountered were just bars, some of them nicer than others. Granted, I think I experienced the worst OC has to offer in that regard . I think I may have played the last "show" (we're talking like two or three people in the audience) at a couple of places before they were literally bulldozed to the ground.

I have no clue about the studio scene.

To be honest, I'm planning on moving back in the near future so I'm kind of curious myself.

At any rate, good luck
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…