My Hammond Sounds like a sampler - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My Hammond Sounds like a sampler
Old 17th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
My Hammond Sounds like a sampler

Yep.. you read that right.

I have a 1948 Hammond M model i'm restoring, or about to. Everything actually works. EVERYTHING. However, when played, either manual or the foot pedals, on EVERY configuration (ie, all drawbars, vibrato on vibrato off, etc..) the organ sounds like a very badly looped sample of itself. You get the " toooooone,hick,tooooone,hick, toooooone" kinda thing going on. NOT really motorboating as I understand it, but it just actually sounds like a casio sampled version, VERY BADLY LOOPED of an organ. Interestingly, the frequency of the hick, or drop out, or whatever, is approximately the frequency of the vibrato. But with vibrato on, it sounds like a flawless vibrato on a casio badly looped...

you get the idea...

I've no idea where to start. Anybody have any thoughts? remember, it's on EVERY not, every keyboard, every possible setting.

PLEASE HELP!

I want to give this old boy another shot at the big time! haha...

K
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You may want to ask a mod to move this to the Geekslutz subforum. All the resistor- heads hang out in there, and this sounds like a probable electronic issue. That, or something very odd with the Leslie. Try to remove the obvious mechanicals from the equation first, then move on to the electronics.
Hopefully someone will have run across this before.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…