Quantcast
Beesneez microphones Friends section - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beesneez microphones Friends section
Old 17th September 2012
  #1
Lives for gear
 
flute player's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Beesneez microphones Friends section

Almost one year ago my journey started by making an instrumental album.
The album was recorded with a mix of microphones including the Beesneez Mahalia
Many things has happened and it has brought me a lot of succes.
Today Beesneez micophones has added a Friends section on their website where artists can promote their recordings.
My album is the first that went online.
Take a look here
Friends | Beesneez Microphones
Old 18th September 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
 
anguswoodhead's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Cool - Nice work - I consider myself a friend of BeesNeez.
Old 19th September 2012
  #3
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Myself included.. Ben, Veronica and the gang are great...

Sadly however, I'm selling all of mine.. as well as all of the rest of my recording gear.. Ah well.
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by anguswoodhead ➑️
Cool - Nice work - I consider myself a friend of BeesNeez.
I'd consider you a BeesNeez Sales Brochure to boot!
Old 25th September 2012
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
chribble's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
well after using a few beesneez mics, i've found one I reaaaaally like. Phelicity = thumbs up.
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
anguswoodhead's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribble ➑️
well after using a few beesneez mics, i've found one I reaaaaally like. Phelicity = thumbs up.
If you like the phelicity you will love the T2.
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by anguswoodhead ➑️
If you like the phelicity you will love the T2.
Says the International GS/Beesneez Man of Mystery having used, then bought and sold more Beesneez Microphones then anyone in the galaxy, even the mighty Mr. Ben Sneesby himself! Angus, seriously.....Dude.... go into BeesNeez Distro.....your a natural Kid!....A Natural I Tell Ya!
Born to Rep BeesNeez!
Old 25th September 2012
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
chribble's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
ive got an soundelux250 so i don't need a t2.

you were def selling mics as beerwah music for a while i thought angus ?
still though i mean , you used them, posted clips online and they did sound good.

here's my idea. beesneez and buzz audio combine for a variable preamp/mic combo. make that happen. buzzneez.
Old 25th September 2012
  #9
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Actually - Interesting question arises here as BeesNeez did start making Mic Pre's and then their was a revised version - then - Erm......... nothing! I do remember Ben selling a Metallic/Hammer grey Finished Pre though - wonder what became of that? Anyone own one....?
Angus...do you know?
Old 25th September 2012
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Better Beesneez than say Rode...
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolFlow ➑️
Better Beesneez than say Rode...
Lol.....Yeap....You'd never be able to afford any stuff like that from Rode in Australia once the $AUD goes down again! You'd never of thought in 1993 two guys were trying to give away their U67 Chinese knock off's - and getting a decent reaction from Studios! The 67 shaped Grille was perfect! Their main problem - the logo was on the back - not front! Many a grumble over that!
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
anguswoodhead's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribble ➑️
you were def selling mics as beerwah music for a while i thought angus ?
still though i mean , you used them, posted clips online and they did sound good.
I don't think I ever sold a mic as Beerwah Music - thing is I really needed a physical shop front to get that going and just didn't have the coin to set it up.
All the BeesNeez mics I have sold have been my own as I've upgraded or changed my mind about a certain sound etc.

I did sell quite a few Pro Tools 10 licenses on eBay and by word of mouth but that has slowed up now too.
(was definately the cheapest around at $495 with iLok and postage )

Quote:
Originally Posted by chribble ➑️
here's my idea. beesneez and buzz audio combine for a variable preamp/mic combo. make that happen. buzzneez.
ha ha
Old 1st October 2012 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by anguswoodhead ➑️
I don't think I ever sold a mic as Beerwah Music - thing is I really needed a physical shop front to get that going and just didn't have the coin to set it up.All the BeesNeez mics I have sold have been my own as I've upgraded or changed my mind about a certain sound etc.
I did sell quite a few Pro Tools 10 licenses on eBay and by word of mouth but that has slowed up now too.(was definately the cheapest around at $495 with iLok and postage.

Then shall we settle on an "A VERY AVID BEESNEEZ SELLER"!
Old 1st October 2012
  #14
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Hmm, well just for the record, I've got 8 Bees Neez mics now:

Tribute 1, Tribute 2, Arabella (x2), Phelicity, Arabella GT (x3).

I'm busy finishing my iso booth, but when that is done I'll get the new T3 FET.

When I get a chance I'll do a proper A/B comparison on the two Tributes. They're both amazing.
Old 2nd October 2012 | Show parent
  #15
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxhumana ➑️
Hmm, well just for the record, I've got 8 Bees Neez mics now:

Tribute 1, Tribute 2, Arabella (x2), Phelicity, Arabella GT (x3).

I'm busy finishing my iso booth, but when that is done I'll get the new T3 FET.

When I get a chance I'll do a proper A/B comparison on the two Tributes. They're both amazing.
You could well be beating "Woody" with that Beez Neez Bag Haul......Very interesting, 3 x Arabella GT's? Nice........!
Old 2nd October 2012
  #16
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
I seriously love the GTs - they are a beautiful all-rounder, sweet and warm. Ideal for female voices that lean to the "delicate" side (the smaller diaphragm possibly?). Amazing for XY acoustic guitars too. I've got no idea why Ben discontinued them. We have a pair at the studio and I have another one at home (I've got a vocal tracking setup here).

Next year I want to get another T1 and T2 to have pairs of each... that's how I got the T2 in the first place. I originally wanted another T1 to make a pair, but Ben persuaded me to try the T2. Of course I can't send the T2 back now because it is awesome. But I still don't have a pair of either one, and if I only get one new mic that guarantees I'll immediately find myself needing a pair of the other.

To be honest, I think Ben exploited the fact that I have a penchant for pairs... I'd be annoyed except that his mics are so damn good.
Old 3rd October 2012
  #17
Lives for gear
 
anguswoodhead's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Congrats Manning

(Rumour has it that a T4 (U67) is in the pipeline - another one I will have to buy )
Old 3rd October 2012
  #18
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
I'm keen to get my hands on some more Beesneez...

After I get my Arabella GT and Oliver, I think I'll be after a Judas and some Lulu's...
Old 3rd October 2012 | Show parent
  #19
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxhumana ➑️
I seriously love the GTs - they are a beautiful all-rounder, sweet and warm. Ideal for female voices that lean to the "delicate" side (the smaller diaphragm possibly?). Amazing for XY acoustic guitars too. I've got no idea why Ben discontinued them. We have a pair at the studio and I have another one at home (I've got a vocal tracking setup here).

Next year I want to get another T1 and T2 to have pairs of each... that's how I got the T2 in the first place. I originally wanted another T1 to make a pair, but Ben persuaded me to try the T2. Of course I can't send the T2 back now because it is awesome. But I still don't have a pair of either one, and if I only get one new mic that guarantees I'll immediately find myself needing a pair of the other. To be honest, I think Ben exploited the fact that I have a penchant for pairs... I'd be annoyed except that his mics are so damn good.
It's interesting that in the Low end - Producers Series - and the "TRIBUTE LINE" of Beesneez Mic's are all built in sequence, though as to why there are no more GT's....Simple! The Beez Bodies are now all OEM , still the Tribute naming is so like a T1 or T2 Soviet Tank and feels it!! (I actually once told Ben he could do well making Mortar Shells and armourments should the day come!) Man of peace though is our Benny! Damn heavy mic's though.....I've got counterweights! Anyone else?
Old 3rd October 2012
  #20
Gear Maniac
 
saggsy's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Yet to try a BeezNeez of any description. Wouldn't mind something which would compliment an intimate female vocal. Have heard so many good things about BeezNeez literally the world over!

saggsy
Old 3rd October 2012
  #21
Gear Maniac
 
chribble's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Don't know what you mean about bodies being OEM
Pretty sure Ben makes them?

OEM refers to 3rd party mass produced components and ODM is built by 3rd parties to design in smaller batches.

This is why Felio and 737 are OEM as they make microphones to freely rebrand.

So either you or I are confused.
Old 3rd October 2012 | Show parent
  #22
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by saggsy ➑️
Yet to try a BeezNeez of any description. Wouldn't mind something which would compliment an intimate female vocal. Have heard so many good things about BeezNeez literally the world over!

saggsy
They are seriously good. I can't tell you if the Tributes are as good as the genuine, well-maintained, vintage U47s /251s that engineers in Fairyland apparently possess, but it's as good/better as any other "tribute" style mic I've ever heard. The other mics all have glorious characteristics and distinctive personalities.

As far as a female vocal, I'd go for the T1 first, then the Phelicity. My experience is that the Arabella favours male voices (but of course, nothing is absolute).

FWIW, the Arabella and Arabella GT have nothing in common apart from being tube condensers (different diaphragms, tubes, etc).

As far as getting one, I think you know some of those Adelaide audio stalwarts who could hook you up on a short-term basis.
Old 4th October 2012 | Show parent
  #23
Gear Addict
 
a.beck's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribble ➑️
Don't know what you mean about bodies being OEM
Pretty sure Ben makes them?

OEM refers to 3rd party mass produced components and ODM is built by 3rd parties to design in smaller batches.

This is why Felio and 737 are OEM as they make microphones to freely rebrand.

So either you or I are confused.
You are. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.

ie. not made by someone else for assembly by the product maker, but branded by the company that makes it. Replacement parts for a Camry that say TOYOTA on them are a good example.

An original design manufacturer (ODM) is a company which designs and manufactures a product which is specified and eventually branded by another firm for sale.
Old 4th October 2012 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribble ➑️
Don't know what you mean about bodies being OEM
Pretty sure Ben makes them?OEM refers to 3rd party mass produced components and ODM is built by 3rd parties to design in smaller batches.
This is why Felio and 737 are OEM as they make microphones to freely rebrand.So either you or I are confused.
Well....This will might help!
Say OEM = "Original Equipment Manufacturer".

So if I make an "SSL G Buss Compressor", then I make one called the "Smart C2 Crush"....Though both Units have the same "Livery" (Silver finish and/or SiFam VU), then which Unit is an OEM? Then..... Alan Smart Designs the C2 Crush, though it's licensed to SSL, though Smart makes his own versions +10dB Gain!

So.....BeesNeez Originally used Chinese OEM Bodies on Jade/James/Arabella, then started making Producer series OEM BeesNeez Mic Bodies & Cases, then re-made the Arabella GT (Glass Tube) in a Silver OEM Chinese Body.....That's not all OEM by Beez....as the Body is Mass Chinese produced! Where as the Arabella Producer Series is all OEM (The Microphone bar the Cinmag Trafo & Pelican case plus other etc et all, so basically all the sourced parts that make the fairy floss Magic etc!) though again they are mostly (Like DBX Chips in an SSL VCA fader - an SSL.....?

Great Example was Behringer = "A Typical OEM Manufacturer." (Before buying Midas/KT etc).

Swings & Roundabouts!
Old 4th October 2012
  #25
Gear Maniac
 
chribble's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Ok i see what you mean.

However, the arabella GT I thought he made those bodies too, like the isobel etc etc. He did use OEM bodies for a while. I think OEM term is used loosely here as most people assume OEM means chinese stuff.

The newer bodies look great wherever they are made, shelise etc etc.
They could be OEM, but i dont think theyre chinese.

The Al smart example doesnt really apply I'm sorry.
(Thats more of a case of patent infringement haha!)

The behringer one is a good example. Pre made products to be used as or within other products.

Ben would actually be an OEM himself. When he sells capsules to other people, it wouldnt be clear that the microphone company (buying) did not make the capsules within (their) microphones. Ben also sells microphone body kits etc, which are free to be rebranded (i'd assume)
Old 4th October 2012
  #26
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
I'm pretty sure after the "Producer Series" it was the Elly Fet that was the 1st all OEM lower price No PSU Microphone - we might need BeesNeez to clarify this, or their "Secret International man of Mystery Sales Agent: Mr A "Woody" Woodhead.

Though I'd agree - to me Totally 100% OEM would mean or = All made in one place - Like a massive Chinese factory that does Case, capsule, Body, Trafo, Caps, up to the foam lining of he case and quality control! etc
Old 4th October 2012
  #27
Lives for gear
 
mics's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Wow guys, even i am confused with all of this!!!!!! Just to let you know; we make all of our own body's, capsules, circuits, head grilles, etc etc etc. In some ways, we are an OEM manufacturer as we build parts and complete assemblies for other companied too (take a look at the competition, it isn't too hard to figure out the ones we make).

We have videos on our youtube page and also will be having a factory open day very soon. you are all welcome to come and we will be glad to receive you all.

I hope this helps to make clear what is real.

btw, the Ari GT is also made in australia. the original was though made OEM for us (body only) but this has been all made in house for a long time now. cheers.
Old 4th October 2012
  #28
Gear Maniac
 
chribble's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Thanks Ben

A.Beck, you're half right. I work in OEM and OEM doesn't always mean re-branded. A de-branded product can be sold under another company name, but that doesn't mean that a component *within* the branded product needs to be branded also.

Plenty of examples I could give but would be a fresh thread.

Ben, bravo, the Phelicty is sublime after the service.
Old 4th October 2012
  #29
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
"Secret International man of Mystery Sales Agent: Mr A "Woody" Woodhead.

Ha ha ha ha ha
Old 4th October 2012 | Show parent
  #30
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
[QUOTE=chribble;8324811]Thanks Ben A de-branded product can be sold under another company name, but that doesn't mean that a component *within* the branded product needs to be branded also.
/QUOTE]

Yeah....I was trying to say that regarding SSL G Bus Comp/Smart C2 Crush!
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 44823 views: 2740502
Avatar for foxwaves
foxwaves 1 week ago
replies: 315 views: 46534
Avatar for Veronica Sneesby
Veronica Sneesby 29th June 2016
replies: 75 views: 15738
Avatar for Actualsizeaudio
Actualsizeaudio 31st March 2016
replies: 76 views: 23192
Avatar for Spoc19371973
Spoc19371973 27th October 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump