Hardware Processed Digitally in Realtime Pre-Tape Recording - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hardware Processed Digitally in Realtime Pre-Tape Recording
Old 16th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hardware Processed Digitally in Realtime Pre-Tape Recording

Hi all,

A friend of mine and I have a fairly unique setup that we're very proud of. Many hardware synths, samplers, and drum machines connected to the patchbays interfacing between a Tascam M 312 mixing console and a Tascam 8 channel Syncaset. The only outboard effects and processing tools we currently own are some boss stompboxes and an entry level DBX compressor. I got to thinking about running gear through our MOTU Traveller to be processed in real time in Ableton by various VSTs and its own effects before hitting the tape. Does anyone have any experience doing something similar to this and what are your thoughts? Obviously there would have to be some latency compensation but I'm wondering about additional audio artifacts being induced as a result. Obviously we are not audio purists as we are recording hardware onto an 8 channel cassette tape machine.

Last edited by gavinrh49; 16th September 2012 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Picture Link
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…