Quantcast
How does the monitor speaker business work ?? Help from experts please ?? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How does the monitor speaker business work ?? Help from experts please ??
Old 18th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Black ➡️
"Actually the concept is a hi-tech single speaker system to complement anybody's stereo system,"

I felt doubtful about your system up until I read the above. What you describe is something quite different from speaker/amp design. THAT has been done before (and been tripped up to various degrees by the usual bugaboos). It'll be interesting to find out how it works.

This is just scraping the surface we've a little secret weapon(which will be patented soon) which has the potential of making our product the next MUST HAVE equipment in every studio.

And no , there is no one doing the same thing so virtually we have no competitors, it is just a little beast on its own :D
Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett ➡️
Have you seen the Manger? - A single driver that goes from under 100Hz to over 20kHz.

It is easy to go from 100Hz to over 20Hz , but with what kind of flatness and smoothness of the frequency distribution graph ? With what level of distortion ?? With what kind of cohesion between the low the mids and the highs (as I have seen the speaker divided into 3 virtual parts).

This speaker is still used in a boxed design , which has its set of problems of its own, they might greatly TAME those problems but not COMPLETELY ELIMINATING them
it's still got a hard flat surface surrounding the speaker , which in itself colors the sound , without mentioning the hard edges :D

And the price £6900.00 pair , £9500.00 pair ...excluding the amplifier :D

Now look at the great size :D

Our aim is to get to our future clients a very useful, quite small intelligently sorted out tool, of great value and simplicity, that can really help them in mixing decisions to tackle some very well known problems in the music industry ...and this in turn can rid the music world from the harshness, ear piercing, sibilant, aggressive sound problems ...

... at peanuts price so that everybody can afford it

Have you ever heard people saying that ... in 10 albums out there, there might be only one or less that is exceptionally pleasing to listen to, and which was very very well engineered ?

Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack ➡️
Bringing a product to market is very difficult and expensive (and risky) regardless of how innovative that product is - once you get all your patents and are protected - the best course of action might be to team-up with an established speaker company... one with sales, storage, distribution, manufacturing, etc you would work out a licensing/royalty deal for each sale but they would provide capital and infrastructure... It's at least something to explore as you move forward
Hi Superwack!! Thanks a lot for your advices !! Points noted
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk_Johansen ➡️
It is easy to go from 100Hz to over 20Hz , but with what kind of flatness and smoothness of the frequency distribution graph ? With what level of distortion ?? With what kind of cohesion between the low the mids and the highs (as I have seen the speaker divided into 3 virtual parts).

This speaker is still used in a boxed design , which has its set of problems of its own, they might greatly TAME those problems but not COMPLETELY ELIMINATING them
it's still got a hard flat surface surrounding the speaker , which in itself colors the sound , without mentioning the hard edges :D

And the price £6900.00 pair , £9500.00 pair ...excluding the amplifier :D

Now look at the great size :D

Our aim is to get to our future clients a very useful, quite small intelligently sorted out tool, of great value and simplicity, that can really help them in mixing decisions to tackle some very well known problems in the music industry ...and this in turn can rid the music world from the harshness, ear piercing, sibilant, aggressive sound problems ...

... at peanuts price so that everybody can afford it

Have you ever heard people saying that ... in 10 albums out there, there might be only one or less that is exceptionally pleasing to listen to, and which was very very well engineered ?

I was just making you aware of what was out there - and the Manger is, indeed, very high quality.

You did not say before the price bracket you were aiming at - now you say it it at the "affordable" end - it sounds very interesting and I would certainly like to know more.

Good luck, I hope it goes well.

John
Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett ➡️
I was just making you aware of what was out there - and the Manger is, indeed, very high quality.

You did not say before the price bracket you were aiming at - now you say it it at the "affordable" end - it sounds very interesting and I would certainly like to know more.

Good luck, I hope it goes well.

John
Yes we used simple,, intelligent and effective ways to tackle the problems that most(if I can say) all of boxed systems have :D

And of course added our essential goodie

We want it to be affordable, so that everybody, even the kids out there can get hold of it and make better mixes , while allowing it to have precise, well thought and exceptional qualities that would be essential in any multi-million dollar studio, to tackle more easily the problems I have mentioned in the previous post

...and hopefully this will make a positive change in the music world(that is our prime motivation) ... no more harshness , no more ear piercing sibilances , no more covering your ears up in the club
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Those features you mentioned sound like something I wouldn't mind to afford and add to my system.

Tired of having mixes that sound great on my actual monitoring speakers, which when played on some other home/car/PA systems, reveal some horrible harshness and piercing frequencies poking their heads out.

I think there might be a serious demand out there as i've heard plenty of supposedly professional high budget records that sound horrible when played on certain systems , while astonishingly, I have heard some mixes that sound amazing/good/not harsh, on all systems.

I have some mastering engineering friends as well who agreed that many people don't have good enough speakers to reveal certain problems... while most of the average mixing engineers out there are not aware of those problems.

Anyways, in theory your plan sounds good. We will have to listen to see if your theory matches the reality. If it does , you might seriously have a hit product.

Will you be at AES this year ?

Good luck
Alecs
📝 Reply