Quantcast
How did Adamski ever find such a great singer as Seal ? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How did Adamski ever find such a great singer as Seal ?
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
How did Adamski ever find such a great singer as Seal ?

I do wonder often how come some producers find the superb vocalist perfect for their track ? I mean, do they just write out an ad in a newspaper or what ?
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
A lot of producers I know go out and watch shows - scouting, we'll say, if they're actually looking for someone new. Often that's not the case because most producers I know are not looking for someone to produce because artists come to them. When producers are looking for talent, they're often throwing their own money on the line (certainly not a labels). Most artists these days don't get discovered, they work their asses off to try and get a bit of recognition.

I know tons of fantastic vocalists - fantastic pitch, able to sight sing, excellent technique, etc. Someone like Seal may or may not have these qualities, but he is instantly recognizable and his timbre was different than any other vocalist on the radio at the time. This is very important as a product to a label.

I don't know if Seal was instantly recognized as God's gift to Kournikova or if he did everything in his won power to rise to the top on his own.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I remember Seal getting panned like crazy at the time because he was often badly out of tune live! He does have a very distinctive, soulful voice though.

I may be wrong but I believe they were both friends who met clubbing and both (fairly) unknown.
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:On The Rock:. ➡️
Someone like Seal may or may not have these qualities, but he is instantly recognizable and his timbre was different than any other vocalist on the radio at the time. This is very important as a product to a label.
I think this played a big role in his success. Seal has a very distinct voice. Can't count the amount of times I use to hear women singing kissed by a rose after they watched batman.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…