Quantcast
Do you guys know where I can download individual MIDI instrument files? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do you guys know where I can download individual MIDI instrument files?
Old 14th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Do you guys know where I can download individual MIDI instrument files?

I am looking for a website that allows me to download (Totally okay with purchasing them) individual instrument MIDI files.

Something like the piano from Billy Joel's Piano Man for example.

I can't be the first person to think of this idea so it's gotta be out there somewhere.

Let me know if you guys know anything.

Thanks so much!
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
MidiKing.com | standard midi files karaoke songs | Home has a nice Piano Man midi file.

I doubt you'd ever be able to buy just the individual instrument file though. However, with MIDI files the tracks will be on separate MIDI channels within the file (otherwise everything would play back on just one instrument). If you load the MIDI file into a DAW or MIDI sequencing program you can isolate the individual tracks and save out just the piano part.

For example, with the Piano Man file mentioned above the piano, harmonica and drums will be on separate MIDI channels. Load the file into a MIDI sequencer and you should be able to isolate just the Piano channel. You can then export that as a new MIDI file with just the piano bit.

There are many free MIDI sequencing programs available just a Google away or you could try this free version of Presonus Studio One which should be able to split the MIDI file for you.

Studio One Free
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Song galaxy
Hit trax!
Old 14th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Awesome thanks so much you guys.

Do you guys know if any of these sites have the MIDI files come in RTAZ (For Pro Tools) format?

I tried to figure it out but it seemed only in GM0.

Please let me know if there is one with RTAZ or a way to convert GM0 into Pro Tools.

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Actually I figured it out through MIDI King. You guys rock!!
πŸ“ Reply