mobile phone interference - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mobile phone interference
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
mobile phone interference

hello.

It's been a while since I've done live engineering, or upgraded my mobile/cell phone for that matter. So I wonder, are there any live engineers here that use a mobile phone near a mixing desk or other sensitive A/V equipment?

Are there any rules you follow with mobile communication devices particularly when working live?

Thanks for any info on this.
: )
Old 14th September 2012

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
yes, haven't done much live work for a while, but in the studio, put a sign on the door and keep this within arm's reach heh
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil ➡️
yes, haven't done much live work for a while, but in the studio, put a sign on the door and keep this within arm's reach heh

I thought i might have old views about this, so it seems by your hammer this problem still exists with modern cell phones.

I was just wondering about live shows, where a production manager is cutting budget on a com system and says something along the lines: "if the artist on stage needs more level or If I need something, we can call you on your mobile, so keep the phone near your desk please."

It would not be foolish to say "I think it would be worth investing in a com system or interference will most likely be an issue."

I think your hammer answered that, nice one : )
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…