Quantcast
Adam A7s + Dynaudio BM 9S Sub - Anyone have this setup? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Adam A7s + Dynaudio BM 9S Sub - Anyone have this setup?
Old 12th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Adam A7s + Dynaudio BM 9S Sub - Anyone have this setup?

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been able to find many threads that talk about the Dynaudio BM 9S sub.
I'd like to hear peoples experience with this sub.

I currently use the ADAM A7s with the KRK 10S sub and have been using this setup for years now. I usually only use the sub to check the sub frequencies after I mix/master a track just to make sure eveything is under control in the sub bass range.
I have been mixing more and more Pop and Dance music and finding that the KRK 10S just defined/detailed enough. My room is acoustically balanced so I know it's not my room or speaker placement that is the issue here.

I find the KRK 10S to be boomy and muddy. I'd rather not have a subwoofer that uses ports. Most companies don't use ports properly which can make monitors and subs have the perception of a deep low end but in reality are just pumping out mono toned low bass frequencies.

Since the Dynaudio BM 9S is the only portless studio sub I could find at a reasonable price, I went ahead and ordered one off ebay. The Dynaudio BM 9S is going to arrive in about a week, so in the meantime I would like to know other peoples experience with the Dynaudio BM 9S and then compare it to my own experience in the coming weeks.
Old 13th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'd love to hear from anyone who has any experience with the BM 9S.
Old 10th November 2018
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsthand Media ➡️
Hello Everyone,

I haven't been able to find many threads that talk about the Dynaudio BM 9S sub.
I'd like to hear peoples experience with this sub.

I currently use the ADAM A7s with the KRK 10S sub and have been using this setup for years now. I usually only use the sub to check the sub frequencies after I mix/master a track just to make sure eveything is under control in the sub bass range.
I have been mixing more and more Pop and Dance music and finding that the KRK 10S just defined/detailed enough. My room is acoustically balanced so I know it's not my room or speaker placement that is the issue here.

I find the KRK 10S to be boomy and muddy. I'd rather not have a subwoofer that uses ports. Most companies don't use ports properly which can make monitors and subs have the perception of a deep low end but in reality are just pumping out mono toned low bass frequencies.

Since the Dynaudio BM 9S is the only portless studio sub I could find at a reasonable price, I went ahead and ordered one off ebay. The Dynaudio BM 9S is going to arrive in about a week, so in the meantime I would like to know other peoples experience with the Dynaudio BM 9S and then compare it to my own experience in the coming weeks.
Could you please give some quick review about 9s Im about to buy them !
📝 Reply