Hey Serious Film Scorers! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hey Serious Film Scorers!
Old 12th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Hey Serious Film Scorers!

I was just checking out the demos for Cinematic Strings 2 and I can't believe how freeking amazing they sound!

I'm drooling.

Any happy users here? I'd love to hear feedback from you guys regarding ease of use, load time, RAM consumption, and best applications for the software!

Any issues with Mac vs. Windows, etc.?

And how does the library and ease of use compare to EW, Vienna, LASS, etc.?

Key switching? Articulations? Which sections sound best?

Pros and cons? Any major issues?

Here's Alex's release thread in Music Computers, but I'm interested in hearing from more people, so I posted here!

Cinematic Strings 2.0 for Kontakt Player released!

I have a great friend and composer who swears by Cinematic Strings, and has been using the sw for years.

Thanks, and I'd love to hear all your feedback!

Old 12th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye ➡️

I was just checking out the demos for Cinematic Strings 2 and I can't believe how freeking amazing they sound!

I'm drooling.

Any happy users here? I'd love to hear feedback from you guys regarding ease of use, load time, RAM consumption, and best applications for the software!

Any issues with Mac vs. Windows, etc.?

And how does the library and ease of use compare to EW, Vienna, LASS, etc.?

Key switching? Articulations? Which sections sound best?

Pros and cons? Any major issues?

Here's Alex's release thread in Music Computers, but I'm interested in hearing from more people, so I posted here!

Cinematic Strings 2.0 for Kontakt Player released!

I have a great friend and composer who swears by Cinematic Strings, and has been using the sw for years.

Thanks, and I'd love to hear all your feedback!

It's on my radar. Although I like the "sound", I have not been completely happy with LASS. A pita to use.

Cinematic 2 however looks like a dream to use. I have not had hands on though. A composer buddy of mine bought it when it came out, but he's been in EU all summer and probably hasn't tried it yet. But I'll be asking him when he gets back.....

Preliminary indications look good.
Old 12th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years

Yeah, thanks, Bill - looking at basic reviews of LASS, and talking to the users, it seems it can be time consuming - lack of key switching, and not overlap issues, etc., - even though the libraries sound good.

To my ears, though, Cinematic Strings sounds WAY better than LASS or EW. The fast runs and pizzicatos are breath taking.

I'm just wondering how easy it is to use, and what the efficiency is like (RAM, load time, etc.). IOW, how long did it take them to program those demos? heh

Again, aside of my one scoring buddy who loves CS, I don't hear that much about it - I wonder why!?

📝 Reply