Quantcast
Which Interface Suites My Needs Most? I Have Found These, Help Me Decide. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which Interface Suites My Needs Most? I Have Found These, Help Me Decide.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Which Interface Suites My Needs Most? I Have Found These, Help Me Decide.

Basically right now i am using a m-audio fast track ultra 8R. I had to aggregate a device because 8 inputs wasnt enough.

I have a ART mpa gold that i like to use on overheads, and i plan to buy a great river or universal audio 2 channel mic pre.

So i need to be able to run at least 4 inserts plus 8 mic pres, or 12 inserts/inputs at line level.

I currently have this in my rack mount and can use it with any interface VIA ADAT optical.

http://www.presonus.com/products/DigiMax-96k

Here is what i have found:

1. Digi 003+ - This has 8 mic pre's, 8 line level inputs at the same time plus it has ADAT optical so i can use an 8 channel pre sonus i have in my rack which would give me 24 channels and its firewire.

I heard the mic pre's in the 003+ are not that good, but are they better than the fast track ultra 8R?

Digidesign Digi 003 Rack+ Factory | Musician's Friend

2.Focusrite Saffire Pro40 This has no inserts and only has 8 mic press/line inputs, the line level inputs cant be used at the same time

I found this for $350 locally. Should i get this? UPDATE guy offered to sell to me for $300!

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 FireWire Interface | Musician's Friend

3.Focusrite Saffire Pro56 This seems to have the same as the pro 40 except to inserts or line level inputs on the front, it also has seperate line inputs beside the XLR mic inputs on the back. the saffire pro 40 doesnt have them, just combo jacks. So the pro 56 would allow me to use the patchbay for line level and mic at the same time, still only 8 total inputs at one time.

Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 | Musician's Friend

I found this pro 56 locally used for $600 worth it?
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Anyone?
📝 Reply