New to Gearslutz - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New to Gearslutz
Old 11th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
New to Gearslutz

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Gearslutz but not so much to the recording business. Just wanted to say that many users on this site has already given lots of great information in the past and I look forward to participating in the discussions and advice giving/receiving.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Welcome!

I'm quite new as well. I have been a lurker for quite some time and there are so many useful threads with plenty of info here

Post away!
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I spent a dissolute semester at UC Santa Barbara once, roaming the back alleys of Isla Vista, it's actually the place from where I staged my ill-fated pilgrimage to Ken Kesey's in Oregon. But-- I could never figure out this black line that was painted on one of the concrete steps... until one night, I saw this was the shadow that a floodlight cast. Obviously, some entrepreneurial artist had gone out one evening and painted it in. There was also a stretch of highway that was decorated with blob after blob of color... as though someone had hurled hundreds of water balloons filled with paint from a speeding convertible... I guess I just wasn't enough of an artist to ever fit in...
Old 11th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson ➡️
I spent a dissolute semester at UC Santa Barbara once, roaming the back alleys of Isla Vista, it's actually the place from where I staged my ill-fated pilgrimage to Ken Kesey's in Oregon. But-- I could never figure out this black line that was painted on one of the concrete steps... until one night, I saw this was the shadow that a floodlight cast. Obviously, some entrepreneurial artist had gone out one evening and painted it in. There was also a stretch of highway that was decorated with blob after blob of color... as though someone had hurled hundreds of water balloons filled with paint from a speeding convertible... I guess I just wasn't enough of an artist to ever fit in...
That's Isla Vista for you. I think the only successful artist that's ever come out of Isla Vista is Jack Johnson. I tend to stay away from the craziness in IV.
Santa Barbara is a nice place to live, Isla Vista not so much.
Only down side is it's expensive to live here and there's not much recording/music jobs to be had.
Up side is that LA is only 90 min. away.
I've worked briefly at the only two major studios in Santa Barbara which are Santa Barbara Sound Design and Playback Studios. Both are very nice studios to work in. Here's a link to Santa Barbara Sound if anyone is interested. studioA
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…