Adam A77X's or Dynaudio BM6A MKII's - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Adam A77X's or Dynaudio BM6A MKII's
Old 10th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Adam A77X's or Dynaudio BM6A MKII's

Hi guys.

Been mixing on my Mackie MR8's for the past few years and I've gotten to know them quite well over that time.
I feel like I'm due for an upgrade. Based on how I hear them and on the reviews that I read, I can't help but feel that there are other monitors out there that will reproduce sound more accurately with more clarity.

So I ask, which of these two would be better? The Adam A77X's or Dynaudio BM6A MKII's

Why am I stuck on these two monitors? Well, I've read a lot of good things about the BM6A's. Everyone seems to dig them. Just the fact that they are popular I guess.

As for the A77X's, perhaps they would be a more affordable alternative to the S3X's and a step up from the A7X's. Their tweeter technology has me interested, and I can just imagine the difference between these and my MR8's.

I'm curious to know what the differences would be between the two.

Either way, I'd definitely like to combine them with a sub, so any sub suggestions would be appreciated. With my MR8's, I often find myself running to my car to check the lows, and I don't really want to be doing that.

My room isn't currently treated, but the acoustics aren't that bad. I am now building a studio that will be treated. So no treatment suggestions in order to achieve better bass response. I strongly feel like I would require a sub to accurately mix the lows.
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
If you have to ask other people what you will like better, and you have no room treatment, its going to be a very long time before you're gonna be "accurately mixing the lows".

A nice monkey wrench would work as well as a subwoofer for you at this point.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but its tough to take these same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Especially when there's no right answer.
I guess a snapped, sorry.
Old 10th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
What I am asking is wether anyone on here has any experience with these monitors, and wether they can share any details on them and on how they would differ from each other.
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
did you finally bought any of them?
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 5 years
design differences : ribbon tweeter, ect..

hey,

although you reference your concern for the low end, I thin the bigger difference is the tweeters and then how the whole enclosure works ( front vs rear port).

I was just auditioning models below these and while I liked them both (adam and dyn). I ordered the adam a7x.

For the way the ribbon tweeter articulate the different voices of the instruments and elements of the mix was significantly different and better, more detailed, clearer more nuanced. I could hear into the mix much better.

I really really think you should audition these speakers as two models you are comparing have such significant design differences, also, of course , including 2 vs 1 woofer.

happy shopping !

kcat
๐Ÿ“ Reply