Sonic Summarizer Pro
Old 10th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Sonic Summarizer Pro

Hey Guys,

i´m looking for a new summing mixer and i found this one:
Sonic Summarizer Pro
vintagetools shop - The Sonic Summarizer (Pro)

Has anyone check it or compared it to other analog summing mixers?

I couldn´t find any information in the forum so any info or test would be really great!

Best
Old 19th March 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hey Trufunk,
i just found this old thread and i wonder if you have bought the vintagetools summingmixer.
I found this MK2 version: vintagetools shop | | Sonic Summarizer
and i‘m looking for more information.
There is not much i can find about this amp, all informations seems to be on the vintagetools homepage only.Did you buy it or test it? what are your sugestions?

I will get an Antelope Orion soon and a soon as i have the 32 D/A‘s i will try the sonic summarizer and compare it to the neve summingbox and ITB mixing.

best reagrds
Old 13th January 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I have the Sonic Summarizer PRO version and I absolutely love it! Maybe it´s the summing, maybe the eight transformers with their vintage coloration, but it´s exactly what I was looking for. Specially when you really drive the inputs very hot and turn down the vca outputs it adds a charming saturation effect no other unit has. On the other hand I only compared with three other devices, so I can´t really say what other summing amp maybe does the same.
Old 16th June 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hey folks (!)
any user of the Vintage Tools Sonic Summarizer Pro out there?

I'm considering this option to use in conjunction with the Orion 32, they seem to be a great couple.

I'm surprised that there is practically no information or threads about this mixer when there are many users of the Orion.

Hope someone can add some comments.

thanks in advance
best regards.
Alex.
Old 19th August 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
no comments ¿?
Old 27th January 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Sonic Summarizer PRO by Vintagetools germany

This tread is old, but maybe someone else looks for this info, so I just wanted to give a short review on my Vintagetools Sonic Summarizer PRO. I run it with Logic PRO and the Antelope Orion 32 Interface and I´m very very satisfied with the sound. My setup includes a good 2x 32 bantam patchbay. The Orion outputs are half-normalized with the Sonic Summarizer PROs inputs, but also all my eq´s and dynamics are on the bay. Very flexible and easy to insert all kinds of gear. The headroom of the Summarizer is so high, that it takes all DA output levels, but thanks to it´s second amp stage, you can actually "saturate-overdrive" it a little, which sounds great on some tracks. This is a very special an unique feature of the SSP, since it can sound from cristal clear to slightly ringing harmonics.

I´m thinking about buying some more vintage german recording and broadcast stuff and building a mixer or trakker around the Summarizer now. The old Neumann, Telefunken, Siemens, Lawo, etc. gear sounds amazing. Not only the old TAB tube stuff. Also the Neumann V476, W495st, NTP 179-160 and so on.
Old 17th April 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
is the SSP a similar approach than the SUMP24-SE summing unit (is the one that has Robert Babicz)?
Old 13th November 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Bump
📝 Reply