Quantcast
Opinions on boutique amps/OD pedals/microfones - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Opinions on boutique amps/OD pedals/microfones
Old 10th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Opinions on boutique amps/OD pedals/microfones

I was looking for suggestions on what tube amps will achieve that warm golden tube with exquisite clarity at a decent volume. I'm moving out into an apartment and would like to not disturb neighbors all to much. Sounds I'd maybe like to achieve with this amp are along the lines of Death Cab for Cutie-Tiny Vessels, Jimmy Eat Worlds-Clarity, and Silversun Pickups-Common Reactor. I already have a basic one channel hardwired ac 30 and was looking into getting something like it except a step up like a Matchless, Bad Cat, Dr. Z, or a Divided by 13 based on my tastes. I was really leaning towards having the amp be strictly clean and then want to stack on an overdrive distortion and possibly fuzz. I also only currently own a ts-9 and I think it makes my signal to muffled I have been looking at videos and I think I'd like an Xotic Ac Booster or perhaps a Kanji Lovepedal. Any suggestions on any OD or Distortions would be appreciated. Last but certainly not least I was also looking for a great mic to bring it all together and let the true sound of the amp shine through. I'm currently using an SM 58 for everything and know there is better. So based on my tastes and needs any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
you may find this article interesting. i know i did. it lays everything out.

Death Cab for Cutie’s Chris Walla Juggles Creative Anarchy and Old-School Techniques to Record 'Narrow Stairs'
📝 Reply