🎧 15 years
Anyone get new Lindell 500 modules yet?

Just curious for some feedback.
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
YEAH
Same question here ...
i listened to posted clips of lindell pre 500 on the clip a lator from ZEN PRO AUDIO and really liked them on kick and snare ( with the drive setting )
anyway it will never replace own experience with the gear ...
so guys who has it ; used it and can comment ?

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 10th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Also interested. From lindell audio dealers, some say "Available starting August 2012" (?) or nothing. Alto Music say october.29. I think this is more realistic.
Old 10th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
is it true igs makes the modules ?
Old 15th September 2012
igs
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Not exactly. IGS designed the modules and made a prototypes, that traveling all over the world now. The mass production is done in Poland in a nearby workshop. We also make a careful quality control for Lindel's modules.
Old 17th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
thanks for your reply mate
Old 17th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
i have some igs stuff and very happy with it so i had to ask
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Anyone here who is using Lindell PEX500 ? Is it any good ?
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Is IGS RUBBER BANDS 500 and Lindell PEX500 same EQ? Just only that Igs have transformers and Lindell not ?
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Apparently the first round arrived at Zen and all went out to prepain buyers. I'd love to get some feedback on them.
Old 6th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➑️
Apparently the first round arrived at Zen and all went out to prepain buyers. I'd love to get some feedback on them.
Freudian slip?
Old 10th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Got em'

Got my new PEX500 modules and they sound great so far! Beefy and smooth..I need to do more listening before I can truly assess the situation! But great value and the quality is right up there with the best!
Old 10th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I just placed an order, but it doesn't sound like I will get them in the next month. I guess I'll hurry up and wait.

JROD
Old 11th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
yeah I bought a Compressor too..which I am still waiting for!
Old 14th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild ➑️
Is IGS RUBBER BANDS 500 and Lindell PEX500 same EQ? Just only that Igs have transformers and Lindell not ?
Not actually so. Lindell have transformers also.

PEX-500 | Lindell Audio
Old 16th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I think there is a little confusion from previous statements about either the differences in Lindell prototype and production modules, 17X vs. 17XS, and/or Lindell 500 vs. IGS 500. Lindell 500 production modules have OEP transformers: in and out on the pre and EQ, and out on the comp. I think it was stated that they also use different pots than IGS.

You can pretty easily compare the differences in functions between the Lindell modules and IGS modules. They're very similar, but different, like cousins. Lindell is about half the price and a no-brainer, in my opinion. The Lindell modules have functions the the IGS don't and vice versa. I wouldn't mind having an IGS channel strip at some point, too. IGS have Carnhill* transformers and are handmade.

I probably don't need to sell anyone here and it's still a few days until I receive one of each module, but I think just about anyone in audio should get one, a pair, one of each or more. IGS actually sell both IGS and Lindell through their webstore. Even though there aren't filters or mids, I'm considering more channels after I check them out. I've been following this all along and it just feels like a very special deal.

*corrected
Old 16th October 2012 | Show parent
igs
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist ➑️
...IGS have Lundahl transformers...
We use Carnhill transformers in all 500-series modules for input and output. All manipulators are stepped (Lorlin or Grayhill).

Old 16th October 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I was interested in the Lindell units too, but there does seem to be a long wait to get them.

Sent from my HTC Desire
Old 16th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
igs: Sorry, my mistake. Carnhill is what I mean to say and I have corrected it in my post.

Thanks for the information about your manipulators. Does that mean that the potentiometers have detents, or that they are switched resistor banks?
Old 16th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My 6x pre/eq is supposed to arrive tomorrow.. I am in the process of moving so my entire studio is in boxes but I will report back anyway. Maybe throw up some elec guitar through a sans amp and compare it to a couple other pres if that would interest anyone... in a terrible room for micing anything currently.

Sent from my GT-P3113
Old 20th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Just got my pair of 6X-500s and put them in my lunchbox. Going to test them out tomorrow. This should be fun.
Old 21st October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
"Launch Dates"

OK...I still want a Lindell 500 pre. But I'm adding this to the growing list of frustrating, so-called launch dates that appear on Gearslutz. I do realize that some of us know a secret handshake, or joined the Masons, or did something to get first dibs on the precious few actually available. But for all intents and purposes the Lindell 500 series pres that "launched" in February are a pipe dream. Friends of Mr. Lindell please put down the tar and feathers -- I'm not a hater. And there may be valid reasons for delay after delay. But it strikes me as odd when manufacturers use the Gearslutz forum to whip up a frenzy for a product only to wait months and months to actually make it available. (I'm talking to you too Boomstar.) Don't chastise me for not having patience. This is not just about patience. I'm in the business of recording and production, and planning the right purchases is an important part of what I do. Plus, on some level, intentional or not, I feel like I'm being gamed.
Are there guidelines for manufacturers when announcing new products on Gearslutz? Would it make sense to request that they have a 3 month limit to get their product on the street if they want to use Gearslutz to promote their gear?
Old 21st October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpedrum ➑️
OK...I still want a Lindell 500 pre. But I'm adding this to the growing list of frustrating, so-called launch dates that appear on Gearslutz. I do realize that some of us know a secret handshake, or joined the Masons, or did something to get first dibs on the precious few actually available. But for all intents and purposes the Lindell 500 series pres that "launched" in February are a pipe dream. Friends of Mr. Lindell please put down the tar and feathers -- I'm not a hater. And there may be valid reasons for delay after delay. But it strikes me as odd when manufacturers use the Gearslutz forum to whip up a frenzy for a product only to wait months and months to actually make it available. (I'm talking to you too Boomstar.) Don't chastise me for not having patience. This is not just about patience. I'm in the business of recording and production, and planning the right purchases is an important part of what I do. Plus, on some level, intentional or not, I feel like I'm being gamed.
Are there guidelines for manufacturers when announcing new products on Gearslutz? Would it make sense to request that they have a 3 month limit to get their product on the street if they want to use Gearslutz to promote their gear?
Not a friend of the Company, but heres what I was told by a couple of major dealers , they put orders in for what most thought was a big opening order, took pre orders and the first run sold out, no secret hand shake no hanky panky . People just wanted these enough to put cash down! So you want one put some cash down for the next batch and stop the wining!
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddageek ➑️
Not a friend of the Company, but heres what I was told by a couple of major dealers , they put orders in for what most thought was a big opening order, took pre orders and the first run sold out, no secret hand shake no hanky panky . People just wanted these enough to put cash down! So you want one put some cash down for the next batch and stop the wining!
So you're completely cool with an anything goes approach to launching gear on this site, with no accountability? I'm not implying any hanky panky--just saying that in REALITY I can't go out and buy a Lindell Pre, nor can I order one knowing when I would be able to employ it. I realize that Gearslutz is mutually beneficial to both buyers and manufacturers, and that many companies are of the small, boutique variety. All I'm suggesting is a little mutual respect. I wouldn't order a piece of gear from a manufacturer with a promise to "launch" them a check in eight months.
Old 21st October 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I still think Elysia is the bar by which all others should try to meet. When those guys announced the Nvelope, those things were already in a plane heading over the ocean. That's the way it should be done!

Regards,
Frank
Old 21st October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yeah I agree

I sort of agree as I have been waiting 4 months and sold a BAC for a Lindell and have not been able to mix with anything since they said it would be august...and still waiting! This thing better be good..got my EQ's though and they sound great!
Old 21st October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I got one of each 500 module delivered on Fri., so my frustration level is low, other than the fact that I don't have a rack yet. I wish I could have afforded more, but this will do for now.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpedrum ➑️
So you're completely cool with an anything goes approach to launching gear on this site, with no accountability? I'm not implying any hanky panky--just saying that in REALITY I can't go out and buy a Lindell Pre, nor can I order one knowing when I would be able to employ it. I realize that Gearslutz is mutually beneficial to both buyers and manufacturers, and that many companies are of the small, boutique variety. All I'm suggesting is a little mutual respect. I wouldn't order a piece of gear from a manufacturer with a promise to "launch" them a check in eight months.
Step back and think little picture for a bit. Lindell hit this price point by makeing a decent size run, Im pretty sure he used credit to cover his costs, he sold to a bunch of dealers who DEMAND at least 90 days!
So he won't see any cash for a while! The first run sold out now he can put more on credit for a second run!
You would be suprised by how many manufactures in this biz survive on runs of less than 50 pieces! Heck for some 10 is a big run!
And Still Harmon & Yamaha can't keep dealers stocked!

These selling out is a good thing big picture! It means more sub $500 500 series!
Old 21st October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Got my pre a few days ago, tried to get more but they were going away like the wind...

I'm trying it tomorrow nite..Will keep you guys posted!
Old 22nd October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I posted on one of the other topic threads so I will paraphrase. I used a pair of 6X-500s on a guitar tracking session. They are AMAZING pres!!! Definitely in the API family but the eq gives you more ability to tweak tracks. I literally could boost the high end and it never got grainy, super smooth. We did both overdriven (on the cleaner side) and distorted guitars and they did a superb job. I also used the the eq section to mix and even for limited features (boost only) it was great.

I actually preferred them over my 512s, which pretty much were my go to's on guitars. Really dig the color when you bring up the gain.

Next on my list: Pair of 17xs
πŸ“ Reply