Anyone get new Lindell 500 modules yet? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone get new Lindell 500 modules yet?
Old 23rd October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddageek ➑️
Step back and think little picture for a bit. Lindell hit this price point by makeing a decent size run, Im pretty sure he used credit to cover his costs, he sold to a bunch of dealers who DEMAND at least 90 days!
So he won't see any cash for a while! The first run sold out now he can put more on credit for a second run!
You would be suprised by how many manufactures in this biz survive on runs of less than 50 pieces! Heck for some 10 is a big run!
And Still Harmon & Yamaha can't keep dealers stocked!

These selling out is a good thing big picture! It means more sub $500 500 series!
Most of what you say is true ddageek. But go back and skim the original thread about the 500 series. I lost count at how many times the ship date was changed--all without nary a "sorry folks, please be patient." Instead we got pic after pic of shiny gear that didn't exist yet. I'm not sure what that's got to do with "covering credit." I give kudos to Lindell for putting out a quality, affordable product. But that doesn't excuse his misuse of the Gearslutz site. Hopefully he'll tighten up the timeframe on his next release and be more accurate with his ship dates.
Old 23rd October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I think he/they were just overly optimistic. You can't always schedule "good."
Old 29th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
PEX-500

Lindell PEX500 Wohoo!
Old 29th October 2012
Gear Maniac

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Just gave some 7x-500 models a spin...they will be retiring my overstayer fet for parallel drum buss duties. Fast enough to catch just about anything, with just a hint of color. I was able to push vocals well into 20+ GR with satisfying results. Got an 1176 feel to them, reminiscent to my rev A. Warm, punchy, fast, transparent when needed, (insert additional scientific audio "buzzwords" here)...wish I had bought more.
Old 30th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by watersedge1234 ➑️
Just gave some 7x-500 models a spin...they will be retiring my overstayer fet for parallel drum buss duties. Fast enough to catch just about anything, with just a hint of color. I was able to push vocals well into 20+ GR with satisfying results. Got an 1176 feel to them, reminiscent to my rev A. Warm, punchy, fast, transparent when needed, (insert additional scientific audio "buzzwords" here)...wish I had bought more.
No issues with the them being unable to link on drumbuss ?
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Maniac

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I can't see parallel buss being too affected by this (im using it for squashing) but it would be killer if they linked...agreed on that front. Sounds wicked regardless, well worth the dough for the feature set it gives you.
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I was going to pick up a couple modules here soon. How would you describe the comp to higher priced units?
Old 31st October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamalkos ➑️
I was going to pick up a couple modules here soon. How would you describe the comp to higher priced units?
Build quality is good, sound is excellent. There's no difference in quality between these and my higher prices units, so it's apples to apples as far as I'm concerned...
Old 11th November 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Just wondering if anybody knows if these are in stock anywhere, or still waiting for the next shipment. I'm not in a line anywhere, but would love to pick up a pair of these!

Thanks
Tom
Old 12th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
time frame for the restock

does anyone know the timeframe for these units being restocked? i want to order i just dont want the money to be tied up for 4 months!!!
Old 12th November 2012 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxmuziq ➑️
does anyone know the timeframe for these units being restocked? i want to order i just dont want the money to be tied up for 4 months!!!
We're shipping the next batch of 7x-500 at the end of this month....
Old 12th November 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
what about the preamps how do they sound? warm, big, round, mid range push, can anybody describe the characteristics of them.
Old 15th November 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm not much for preamp descriptions, but I guess I'd go with flat, fast and punchy? They're more discrete sounding as you would expect, as opposed to a clean IC sound.

A friend characterized it as somewhere between a 312 and a Hardy, more towards the Hardy, and as again you would think with the transformer/DOA topology.

It sounds good and the Pultec boosts allow you to go smiley in style, but it's not ever all that API-ish forward in the mids. I said I wasn't good at this. You won't be disappointed, especially at the price.
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Happy owner of a pair of lindell preamps here! I've already tried them on female vocals and as an overhead pair in a Glyn setup. Great results! The price to quality of sound ratio is just right here! This is what I want from the 500 format!
Old 19th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell ➑️
We're shipping the next batch of 7x-500 at the end of this month....
the preamp and eq is really what I want to get first. Do you have an estimated restock date for those units
Old 19th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxmuziq ➑️
the preamp and eq is really what I want to get first. Do you have an estimated restock date for those units
in the facebook page of Lindell audio they said this:

7x-500 comp end of november
pex-500 end of december
6x-500 preamp, end of january
Old 21st November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Just had the EQ and comp in the studio today for a mix session. The EQ, to me, is good and def. worth the money. It shined on the acoustic guitar with some 5K that never got too harsh. It actually has a little tube flavour in my ears - or maybe it just reminds me of the pultec flavour. Gets a little gritty in the highs. A little limited in flavour, but I think I'm more an inductor-EQ kinda guy, so others may find it more useful than I.
The comp is great. It did 1176 duties, and in style! Only thing is its limited attack/release settings. Makes it less useful for bass and guitars, if the release preset didn't match the music. In this case, though, it did - and I did some 4:1 comp, up to 15dB GR - and then about 30% dry signal. Great bass sound!
Nothing to say about build quality - seems good and rugged to me, and doesn't feel like a "discount" product.
Old 21st November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
...and I know, the Pultec is inductor-based, too. But passive Pultec design vs. eg. Purple EQs
Old 4th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Can't wait!

I just ordered two of these today! I can't wait to run my RCA BA31's through them!
Old 4th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Mine should be here any day now. I also have one of the comps. Haven't even tried it out yet. Starting a new mix now. Here we go...

JROD
Old 4th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
For the price I'm very interested in a pair of eqs on the 2 buss and a comp for some tracking duties. I reamp a lot of edm stuff in mono...custom kicks,bass ect. Through a great river for mojo and saved CPU. These look like a nice addition for that. Anyone test the comp on kicks or a pair of eqs on the 2 buss? The price is just insane !!
Old 4th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg082 ➑️
For the price I'm very interested in a pair of eqs on the 2 buss and a comp for some tracking duties. I reamp a lot of edm stuff in mono...custom kicks,bass ect. Through a great river for mojo and saved CPU. These look like a nice addition for that. Anyone test the comp on kicks or a pair of eqs on the 2 buss? The price is just insane !!
I've used the EQ's on kick, snare, guitars, bass, mix bus, drum bus, everything, etc... They are AWESOME. I love them, and I LOVE the 7X-500. Amazing tools from Lindell that I am truly happy to have. At the price it's really a no brainer.
Old 4th January 2013
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamPura ➑️
I've used the EQ's on kick, snare, guitars, bass, mix bus, drum bus, everything, etc... They are AWESOME. I love them, and I LOVE the 7X-500. Amazing tools from Lindell that I am truly happy to have. At the price it's really a no brainer.
Hearing all this great stuff about the units makes me really anxious for my order from American musical supply that I have not even gotten any confirmation to when they'll ship out. I hate to wait on things.
Old 20th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I am selling my 6x-500 Pre/EQ to European GS! Great device, but I decided to leave the 500 path. I hope this is the right board, if not, please remove. But as the devices are hard to come by I thought that someone here might be interested.

cheers form Germany
Acroliter
Old 22nd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi there.

I'm really diggin the preamp and the compressor, sounds and looks awesome!

I'm planning to get 6X-500 and 7X-500 asap. I would like to know does these units work well with A-Designs 500 HR box? I could purchase A-Designs (actually three of them) at a really low price. Haven't own any 500 series before so I would like to be sure.

Thanks!
Old 5th February 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I am very happy with the recent Lindell preamp and compressor i got. Almost thinking of switching out GAP 573 500 in favor of a second Lindell pre cause my 6 slot 500 is almost full. Any idea on how they compare? I know the GAP is more colored, but damn the Lindell is versatile and sounding so good.
Old 5th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just picked up 2 6x-500s today. Unfortunately i've only had about 15 minutes to play around with them. Recorded some quick guitar and bass (with a splitter going to one of the Lindells and one to a MA-5.) Definitely not scientific I know but, thought the 6x-500 sounded pretty good. Definitely favored the MA-5 but, it wasn't night and day. the MA-5 had a little more beef and a bit more low end... Didn't use the EQ at all in the Lindell. I definitely think its a great deal still trying to decide if I will keep them... Might be interested in the VP-26 which I think you could get for $100 more for a pair (no eq though) Will have more time tomorrow to try them out on somethings.
Old 14th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I really like the sound of the 6x, nice and thick! I record a lot of really delicate sources and it does not have quite enough clean gain for that application in my experience. For the majority of sources it has a fat, natural sound though.

Mr. Lindell personally responded when I had an issue, which was awesome.

Sent from my GT-P3113
Old 14th February 2013
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I assume you can drop JH 990s in the 6x without any problem? Are the opamps included of unique design? or are they Jensen design as well?

What are the rail voltages? Any adjustments necessary when swapping opamps? I know JH 990s are compfortable at +/- 24v but others might prefer less.
Old 20th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddageek ➑️

These selling out is a good thing big picture! It means more sub $500 500 series!
500 series module should never cost more than 500 $
πŸ“ Reply