Quantcast
Anyone bought Equator D5's? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone bought Equator D5's?
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone bought Equator D5's?

I recently moved to Wellington NZ, and I had to sell my HS50'sbefore I came out. Anyway, I have been looking for a new set, and I am really interested in the Equator D5's. $299 US for the monitors plus shipping works out to just over $500 NZ. Which is still a good price, but this doesn't factor in customs charges. Anyone have any experience in this area? I looked on the customs site, but it's a bit confusing.

'Thanks!
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just had a pair delivered, although I'm in Brisbane - no customs duty or GST applicable here.

I'm still burning them in, but I'm impressed so far. Great detail and surprising bottom end for such a small enclosure. Phenomenal value. Dunno how they do it.
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the reply! You guys are lucky with the no GST and duty. When I factor in GST it's still a great deal, but I have no clue what duty will be.

I have just been able to check out the frequency response chart on them. Coming from HS50's, it looks like these can blow them out of the water. Cool to hear that you are liking them so far. They seem to be well loved on the old interweb.
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There will be no duty to import to nz, just gst. But there is a broking charge of about $80
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bernstone ➑️
There will be no duty to import to nz, just gst. But there is a broking charge of about $80
Thank you very much for that info. That puts these just under $700 NZD for the pair. That's not bad at all.
Old 5th October 2012
Oli
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniaclown ➑️
Thank you very much for that info. That puts these just under $700 NZD for the pair. That's not bad at all.
In Aus I've seen HS80s on sale for less than that. I got my ASP8s for 600 used. I think the shipping kind of kills the value on these. Anyway, worth looking around first.

There has been a build quality issue reported on this one too. Some have reported a hole in the back of the chassis coming unplugged. Apparently it is just blocked up with silicone sealant. Might want to do some reading, and email the manufacturer about that to check.
Old 5th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli ➑️
In Aus I've seen HS80s on sale for less than that. I got my ASP8s for 600 used. I think the shipping kind of kills the value on these. Anyway, worth looking around first.

There has been a build quality issue reported on this one too. Some have reported a hole in the back of the chassis coming unplugged. Apparently it is just blocked up with silicone sealant. Might want to do some reading, and email the manufacturer about that to check.
Thanks for the reply Oli. I am still shopping around. Watching out on trade me and ebay for a good deal. The shipping is a real killer at $120 USD.
πŸ“ Reply