Quantcast
AI W/ Built In Pre or Seperate for AT 2035 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AI W/ Built In Pre or Seperate for AT 2035
Old 9th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
AI W/ Built In Pre or Seperate for AT 2035

This forum has been on my favorites for at least 3 years now and this is actually the first time I could not find something through the search.

I have an Audio Technica 2035 and absolutely love it, but as lately I feel like the Pre's in my M-Audio Fast Track Pro have either gotten weak or possibly blown, I'm not sure. Either way I want to definitely upgrade my interface.

The big question is:

Should I go with a Pre seperate from my interface or would a built in Pre be fine and which one would suit my situation best? I'm looking for the best quality I can get for the price and I want to keep it in the range of $300 - $500. I know that's cheap, but unfortnately it's all I have to work with for the moment.

Price is rough, I might go a little higher if it would truly be worth it, but only a hundred or two. If you can give me the names of the unit(s) that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
At that price you could look into an Echo Audiofire 2 and one of the common 'under $500' pres around here- GAP73, ISA One, RNP, etc, used. That would make for a pretty good setup, and the AD on the Audiofire is surprisingly good, considering the price especially.

If you're on a Mac, an Apogee Duet could be a really good option- great pres, solid AD/DA, portable, and integrates really well with Logic or GB. For a PC all in one solution, you could try and find a used RME Babyface or if you step up a couple hundred dollars, maybe a used RME Fireface 400.
Old 9th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Thanks man, I'm going to check into all of them.
๐Ÿ“ Reply