Volume Problems - New Speakers_ ADAM A8Xs PT 10 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Volume Problems - New Speakers_ ADAM A8Xs PT 10
Old 8th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Volume Problems - New Speakers_ ADAM A8Xs PT 10

Hello!

First post here. I am a full time touring musician, producer, DJ, and Mastering/Mixing engineer. I have officially become stumped!

For my at home suite, I purchased some new ADAM A8Xs and they arrived today.

I previously had Mackie MR8s (big step up, I know)...
So, my problem is this: I go to plug them in via 1/4inch to XLR adapter (Balanced) and even with the front gain up +14 and the interface up all the way and PT/Interface Set to Full up.... it is barely loud. I understand that XLR and Balanced will be quieter than RCA/1/4inch unbalanced and tried it via unblanced and it was back to the volume I was expecting with front gain at 0 and louder.

SO.... here is the full set up:
Pro Tools 10x Running on Macbook Pro Dual Monitor. C600 M-Audio Fast Track Pro (has 6 1/4" out and 2rca out SPDIF), ADAM A8Xs...
Currently thinking maybe something to do with C600 not being balanced out? Do I just need to get a new interface for it to be up to level in terms of volume? Or do I need to get straight cables from Balanced 1/4inch to XLR male to male and skip the Converter? The converter is Low Z balanced/Hi Z unbalanced...... shouldnt effect with volume should it?

In some serious need of help here to get my studio back up to volume. Clients waiting, tracks stacking, remixes paid... havent began lol.

I blew a tweet on the mackie after 2 years of 17 hour a day use, so I stepped into these speakers only to not get the punch I need in terms of level. Hard to move forward here!

LET ME KNOW PLEASE ANY IDEAS. Thanks! x
📝 Reply