The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Damien Rice's guitar set up?
Old 27th June 2006

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Damien Rice's guitar set up?

Hello - I have been searching around for information about Damien's guitar set up and noticed that there had been some folks on here talking about it earlier this year. I think someone who used his sound engineer was going to ask him about his rig. Did anything come of that?

I noticed he has his guitar channel split so that he mostly always has the guitar sound underneath the effected channel and I am keen to explore that for my own sound. I have seen it done before where one channel goes to an amp, but it didn't seem like he did that...it seems like both channels went to the front of house.

Anyway, if anyone has any info about what he uses on stage and his pedal layout, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Mardi
Old 28th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 20 years
Heya Mardi,

That was me.

Might be kinda tough for me to find anything out straight away as I know they've just left for a 6 week tour of the States with Fiona Apple (Maybe?).

I will tell you this though:

My friend was asked to re-kit their live sound set-up and I mentioned he should definitely check out the API 2500. And guess what? They bought 2 (!!!!).

My friend made up an 'ideal world' wishlist and got everything. Over $52,000 worth of gear!

Damien is supposedly really great about things like that.

Spares no expense when it comes to gear.

I hear he's a big fan of 1176's too.

Anybody that's a friend of 1176's is a friend of mine...

Sorry I don't know more about his guitar rig though.

R.

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I started one of those threads I think too...

I checked out those eskimofriends threads and there's definitely a wealth of wrong information passed there... misleading at best.

In the dvd/aol sessions, they're definitely c12's... can't tell you which version, though. However, none of the record was done that way. I'd still like to know where that was done.

Sorry, that's off-topic.heh
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I have an email from him somewhere from before he blew up so huge, I was asking him about how he tracked the first album.

His pleasant (but slightly vague) reply was that it was mostly done in his bedroom with some nice valve preamps, and mixed later somewhere else. Can't remember exactly, will see if I can locate email.

Cheers,

Nathan
๐Ÿ“ Reply