The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eventide Harmonizer-like sampler box
Old 19th July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Eventide Harmonizer-like sampler box

So let me explain... I love the Stereo Sampler patch on the Eventide Harmonizer - I use it constantly for ADR recording. It lets me quickly sample a line and play it back in the actors headphones for reference.

I'm putting together a mobile ADR rig now and I need this functionality but don't really have room for the amount of space the harmonizer takes up, not to mention that I really don't have a need for anything except the sampler program.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of something out there that works in a similar way. Basically I need a sampler that can quickly grab a sample - up to 15 seconds is fine but I really don't want to press more than two buttons to record the sample. Then I need a way to quickly play back that sample... one button preferred. I don't need anything that permanently stores the sample - something like the Harmonizer that just has RAM that you can clear out by power cycling the unit is fine.

I do need it to be as small and portable as possible - one rack unit max, although a desktop unit would work too. I'm not opposed to a Pro Tools plugin either, as long as its easy to use.

Thanks!
-MIke
Old 19th July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Roland SP404 or SP505.
Old 19th July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That looks cool, thanks Jack. Is there anything even simpler out there?

-Mike
Old 20th July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I know a prominent London ADR place that uses the humble Yamaha SU10 and it does the job admirably.
Old 25th July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks londonengineer.

That looks cool and is certainly cheap but it's still a little complex for what I'm looking to do. Is there anything out there that is even simpler - just one button to record and playback?

Thanks!
-Mike
πŸ“ Reply