Quantcast
Recommendation for keyboard - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recommendation for keyboard
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Recommendation for keyboard

Any recommendations for an 88-key keyboard with weighted keys? (This is not for the studio, but for a home situation.) The player just wants a good piano sound and a good feeling set of keys. Budget is a concern, so please nothing that breaks the bank. Thanks!
Old 15th June 2006
TZk
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
CME UF has a 88 weighted keyboard.
You can add a soundcard i believe.

I bought a viscount/oberheim masterkeyboard which i find ok. That one can also be mounted with a soundcard.
The reason why i got the oberheim ?
it is not as wide as the CME because the pitch bender en mod wheel are not besides the keys but above. And i had to keep in mind the space it took.
The CME was a bit cheaper and not as blue as the viscount/oberheim, i think they have the white versions also.

CME has better support.
Old 16th June 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
For what i would call "budget" check out the Casio Privia. Get the one in the middle, not the cheapest or most expensive. If you want real pro quality get a Roland RD-700.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks for the recommendations. The Roland looks good. I think she may need one with speakers though. This is for home use.
More cowbell!

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I use the Studiologic by Fatar SL990PRO, and am very happy. However, the Kurzweil PC2XO Controller Keyboards are indeed the best--expensive and have some useless parts, but feel superior.

For price and just plain keys, the SL990 is ideal. Also, the 990 has a slim profile, and I needed a slim fit.

cheers
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Does it have to be electronic? Schools, colleges and universities routinely sell their student pianos via auction and good deals can be had. I have a used student spinet in my home. I paid $35.00
If electronic is what she is after, the Yamaha P series offers built in amplification and speakers and would be worthy of a look. The P120 model has about a dozen sounds and a 2 track sequencer. I think it sold new for about $1,000.
Old 16th June 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Mixer
Any recommendations for an 88-key keyboard with weighted keys? (This is not for the studio, but for a home situation.) The player just wants a good piano sound and a good feeling set of keys. Budget is a concern, so please nothing that breaks the bank. Thanks!
Yamaha P90 if you can get your hands on one... it sounds amazing.. only have like 4 or 5 sounds, but they all sound VERY good!
πŸ“ Reply