Quantcast
Shadow Hills introduces The Equinox at TapeOp Con - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shadow Hills introduces The Equinox at TapeOp Con
Old 14th July 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Peter rules.....truly a great guy with a love and dedication for what he designs & builds. I just got a GAMA and the Equinox is definitely my next purchase!
C/G
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durv
2 channel pre...but it SUMS too? so its got only 2 inputs correct?
i'm so lost right now, i feel i didnt absorb a vital part of this thread...like i never learned a very important vowel in the alphabet!

2 channel pre. got it.
talk back system ...whah?
summing?? ....you kid?

anyone would be so kind to enlighten me? paradigm shift?

Durv
Two inputs for the pres but I believe it has 16 channels (maybe 32 I can't remember) of summing via D-Sub connections. Monitors run through D-Subs as well. Summing is done through the two onboard pres, so in effect, you have 3 choices to run your tracks through (nickel transformer, steel transformer or transformerless). I have a pair of the mono GAMA pres and if they are any indication of the quality of the Equinox, I am sure it will kick ass.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
So i am wonderring if anyone would explain the signal path on this unit?
16 or 32 channel summing. so i would just push the faders up on my GUI...?
That means its gotta have VU meters correct? the GAMA doesnt have meters, so i just use my ears...(imagine that).

i personally would just sum the buss, not ALL the tracks individually since i dont have the CPU horsepower to have that many IND. plugs.
i need help with this one guys.
i'm gonna shut up and just wait...and then try to understand the concept.

peace!
Durv
Old 15th July 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
Two inputs for the pres but I believe it has 16 channels (maybe 32 I can't remember) of summing via D-Sub connections. Monitors run through D-Subs as well. Summing is done through the two onboard pres, so in effect, you have 3 choices to run your tracks through (nickel transformer, steel transformer or transformerless). I have a pair of the mono GAMA pres and if they are any indication of the quality of the Equinox, I am sure it will kick ass.
All correct except a few there....it is 32 via 4 D Subs. Monitoring is correct. Summing correct except the Equinox automatically comes with the iron (Neve) mode and not discrete.

And yes it does kick ass. It really feels different mixing through it...dare I say as Peter suggests in his ad....it does feel like you are mixing through a console, only you get to choose which one. So far I am finding the Steel to be my favorite, but the Nickel feels fantastic as well. Still have not nailed a mix with the iron mode , feels a bit bottom heavy, but I a sure that can be worked out. It reallly is a one stop piece of gear.
OK I will shut up now as well.....
📝 Reply