The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
any EVE AUDIO user out there ?
Old 4th July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
any EVE AUDIO user out there ?

please post your impressions if you own or listened any EVE AUDIO monitoring system !

i'm really interested to know how they compare vs ADAM older and newer speakers...

for more info check here: EVE audio
Old 5th July 2012
Lives for gear

Gee! If you decide to get the EVE monitors, and then pick up a set of ADAMS, will you have the makings of a Genesis Reference speaker system? Should this thread be moved to the theology forum?

Sorry, the devil made me do it.
Old 8th July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
bumb...no EVE users around ??
Old 9th July 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Any Eve Audio Users Around?

Hi There,

We distribute the Eve Audio range in the UK, The Eve's are brand spanking new and are only just starting to find there way into the market. the first review is in if you wanted to check it out.
NEWS | Nova Distribution

cheers, phil
Old 16th July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thanx Phil !

i'm mostly interested in model SC207...do you know if there will be any other review ?
Old 18th July 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
re: sc207

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfinder ➑️
thanx Phil !

i'm mostly interested in model SC207...do you know if there will be any other review ?
there are other reviews happening now, but they will appear in the mags from August.

if your in the UK, give us a call at Nova Distribution | Professional Audio Distribution for the UK and we can arrange a demo on the SC207's. we have the first units arriving shortly.

regards, phil
Old 23rd July 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thanx Phil, but i'm in Italy... i'm going to contact the local distributor to know when they will have some units

anyway i'm more interested in some "real" user review instead the magazines ones
Old 23rd July 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 ➑️
Gee! If you decide to get the EVE monitors, and then pick up a set of ADAMS, will you have the makings of a Genesis Reference speaker system? Should this thread be moved to the theology forum?

Old 24th July 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Hahaha! And then get a 59 Les Paul...they say it's the holy grail.
Old 12th August 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
excuse me... but EVE audio are german made or china made products ?

from pictures, on the rear side of the speakers, it only says "product of german engineering"
Old 13th August 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 20 years
Quote:

made you buy one of these?
Old 2nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just saw the Eve Audio SC307 which looks nice... No reviews yet out there in the wilderness!
Old 7th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
sc204 small review

Hi
I'm trying out the sc204 right now, wich is the smallest model they make.
What i' m finding out is that the sound is everything but small!
The stereo field is very wide and the lowmid to bass frequency is very accurate. It's very suprising how big sounding they are. It feels like your listening to bigger size woofer minus the frequency range. I do miss a little bit of low end but with a sub, it should be perfect.

Compared to the other monitors I have (bm15a, sonodyne sm100, krk expose)
they were the ones that always felt right no matter the source (may it be rock like foofighters "rope" or country or more orchestral music) where sometimes others felt right on one style but not the other. BTW, the sonodynes are great too! I' m kind of scared that the EVE speakers sounds too good and that they don't translate well but my first mix I did with them told me otherwise.IT may just be that i' m not used to the sound of the tweeters but they sound very different then what i'm used to.

I don't have experience with ADAM speakers so I cannot compare them but I will try to find a pair of A5X to test them against the EVE.
Old 7th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
just a neve audio user hehe
Old 8th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi
Hhb are the Canadian Eve distributor. We expect to receive Sc207's and sc208's next week. Check in with your local dealer for a demo.
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sc204 vs Adam a5

Here is my personal thoughts about these two monitors head to head
Don't forget that it is the 4 inch woofer eve model against the Adam 5 inches and not the x version.

A/Bing the two, I thought the eve sounded fuller in the low mids and brighter.
They both sounded great and would be happy with booth but the eve audio seemed to fit more with what I want to here . I did like the lower frequencies on the Adam so I would get the sc205 to get more bass.

On an other note, I was still testing the Sonodyne and felt there was a strange
upper mid frequency boost that made them sound unnatural compared to booth the Adam and the Eve.
Anyway, hope it helps someone.
Old 9th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm interested in this bit of the blurb

"DSP is handled by a dedicated, and electrically shielded, microcontroller that use a Burr-Brown A/D converter to digitise the analogue input, which then directly feeds the PWM-amplifiers."

I like the idea of a monitor doing its own impedance matching/optimising of sort... Must make a great difference to the sound as levels and sound going into the monitor are drastically different in the real world with users and their results. I presume this means Eve could really tune their monitors finely without compensating for level differences monitor manufactures may usually have to consider.

Is this sort of thing new a this price range? Do any other monitors do this?

EDIT: They have some nifty features reading the manual. Who's the UK distributor?

DESK FILTER
The Desk Filter has two functions. When turned down it acts as a narrow- band EQ set to 300 Hz.

Powering on/off: Standby Mode
Press and hold the control three seconds in order to put the monitor in
Standby Mode. The volume will decrease gradually while the LED ring lights up once around the Volume control. Afterwards, the LED on the right end will light dimly and the power consumption is reduced to 1 watt.
Old 9th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicl ➑️
Who's the UK distributor?
Nova Distribution
Old 9th September 2012
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
please post your impressions if you own or listened any EVE AUDIO monitoring system !

i'm really interested to know how they compare vs ADAM older and newer speakers...

for more info check here: EVE audio
I am gonna try and check these out very soon, so I'll update the boards with my impressions. Thankfully, we've just about finished our Control Room Soffit, which preforms as a BIG bass trap, and tightens the sweet spot a ton. I've been mixing in there with a couple of sets of speakers, and I am hearing a big improvement in the monitoring. It will be interesting to hear the EVE offerings up against what I am using, and try them out with some projects.

peace
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
a pair of SC 207 should be here in a couple of weeks... will report my feedback.

i should be able to compare them with genelec, adam and pmc similar models.
stay tuned
Old 4th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hi.
I just bought Eve sc205 and I'm impressed! Few weeks ago I bought Adam Ax5 and had some problems with amplifier so I return them and get Eve. They sounds great! Much better than Adam (even ax7). Much more details You can hear on the Eves than on the Adam!
Old 5th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
my SC207 pair should be here in a week, talking with local distributor he said me the same thing Diginoiz claims...compared to a A7X pair and the smaller 205's was very impressive.

cant wait to get mine !

PS: on SOS mag there's a review of the SC 208 model
Old 18th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
excuse me... but EVE audio are german made or china made products ?

from pictures, on the rear side of the speakers, it only says "product of german engineering"
Yes, the stuff is made in China but the QC and final assembly is made in Germany. So no surprises there like other companies doing everything (assembly and QC) in Asia.

same goes for the Neumann KH120.
Old 26th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ugly, thanks for clarify that point ...

i just waiting the courier to finally get my pair.
i will post my impressions ASAP
Old 27th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
SC205

After alot of testing, I decided to go with the SC205. I should get them early next week.
Old 28th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i'm listening some well known commercial tracks and some of my test mixes.

first impression ?
F A N T A S T I C, it seems love at first sight

my SC207 pair playing through an Avid MBox PRO 3rd gen.
i had a rosetta 200, and just thinking how amazing these little babies should sound with an even better converter!

more details ASAP.
stay tuned if interested
Old 6th November 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi all

Just bought a pair of SC205's. I can wax lyrical, and obviously I like them 'cause I bought them, but all I can say is if you're in the market for monitors and you can afford them, go listen to them. They are not Adams, and they're not a waste of your time.

The only problem is they're so good they're showing up the weaknesses in the rest of my rig I need to go fix. It never ends, does it...:D

Cheers

D.
Old 6th November 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi There, the Sound on Sound EVE Audio SC208 review is now available for download. You can find it at Nova Distribution | Professional Audio Distribution for the UK click on the downloads section. Cheers, Phil
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Eve vs adam

For the french speaking (reading) people out there:
Comparatif ADAM A7X vs EVE SC207 : Du rififi au jardin d'Γ‰den - Audiofanzine
It is a eve SC207 vs ADAM A7X.
Old 8th November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i think this comparison test is nice to read, but not truly adeguate.

it could have some value, but very limited for me, for 3 main reasons:

1- we dont have any info about what kind of hardware is used in the audio chain.
what converter / audio card / cd player they used ?

2- furthermore nothing on the source audio material...
those 5 test song are wav, mp3, audio cd files ?

3- last but not least, nothing is specified about the listening room and speakers positioning.
vent port observation is off course correct, config knob is not so difficult to menage (i assume they READ THE MANUAL!)

considering these 3 aspects as crucial start points, you have to use an audio monitor to track and mix, so after that you can have a really picture on how they compare. tracking a voice, setting up a compression chain, making a fine track EQing, create a pinpoint reverb sound tail...
i mean things like that are very important to establish what kind of tool you are working with.

personally i doing my tests in this way, making a "re-mix" of my test song, using plugins and record some tracks.

anyway thanks a lot to RICK2630 for the link !!
πŸ“ Reply